Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought some used shocks. they look almost new. they are 4 -way adjustable at the top of the shock and they say made in japan at bottom. they are all red
what brand might these be by nay chance or guess?

i really want to know cause i just installed them w tein s springs and the car sits like a 4 x 4 and i know it has to settle but it should be this hii or should it?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
pics would be best. off the top of my head though I think they might be GAB shocks

·
6 speed
1,318 Posts
there should be a little flat head screw deal on the top of the strut where the bolt goes. the sticker may have fell off that ususally says 1-4 in colors. they are kyb agx's

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Don't think those are KYBs, KYBs are normally not completely red like the ones in the picture. These are used springs and shocks? If they are used, it shouldn't take them but a test drive for the suspension to settle back down.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Don't think those are KYBs, KYBs are normally not completely red like the ones in the picture. These are used springs and shocks? If they are used, it shouldn't take them but a test drive for the suspension to settle back down.
Yes they are completely red, and no, how his car looks right now it's not going to settle. KYB's also have that black "CAUTION" sticker towards the bottom.

Oh and IIRC the fronts have 8 coils, top to bottom, and the rears have 9. Front springs should have F-P1L18 on them as well.

Alex

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts