Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I had more pics. It was a very clean and nice looking porsche from the RKC Meet the other night.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice.

I'm not a big porsche guy - I like them, but don't know much about them. But this thing was nice. He had a body kit on it and a supercharger. Here's a few more pics. The wing was not to obnoxious. I thought it was a very nice Cayman.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
It's pretty much a hardtop Boxster. I think they look funny from the rear, but with that spoiler it looks good.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
That shit is hot. I bet it cost a grip though.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
techart body kit, cayman * ruf mods i believe

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
techart body kit, cayman * ruf mods i believe
Bingo! Techart Body Kit and Ruf did the supercharger. He has GT2 or GT3 Seats in it too - I can't remember. He said he was only putting down around 345-350 rwhp with pump and hadn't gotten it tuned for race gas. Very impressive. He said his plans were to put Carbon Fiber doors and hood on it next and it was going to be a show car. I told him don't change a thing - but who am I to tell him anything.

Those Cayman's are very nice for $50k. Obviously he put alot into it and will be doing more.

Fun RKC meet by the way. Lots of cars and very cool crowd.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts

·
Vanilla
1,458 Posts
A used 996TT's starts at 70 grand. 50 for a salvage title maybe :)

That's a sweet Cayman BTW.
Maybe at a dealership. Private party, everyone is ASKING mid-low $60's and TAKING mid-high $50's these days.

There were just so many 996 cars built, that they are dropping in value like any other German car, the exclusivity of the 993TT/964 Turbos is what has allowed them to hold their value so greatly.

In 2 years you'll be able to pick up 996TT's for low 40's, and they'll probably hover there until they start getting wrecked in high numbers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Maybe at a dealership. Private party, everyone is ASKING mid-low $60's and TAKING mid-high $50's these days.

There were just so many 996 cars built, that they are dropping in value like any other German car, the exclusivity of the 993TT/964 Turbos is what has allowed them to hold their value so greatly.

In 2 years you'll be able to pick up 996TT's for low 40's, and they'll probably hover there until they start getting wrecked in high numbers.

I live near Washington DC so I guess I'll never see those prices.
-David

·
Administrator
17,264 Posts
That guy has a truckload of money in that Cayman! :eek:

Sounds like he's on track to spend a lot more too! ;)

·
Built T78 6spd
263 Posts
I live near Washington DC so I guess I'll never see those prices.
-David
I leave near DC also and they do go for that price range. I've been eyeing a few but havnt actually test drove any yet.

Mid high 50's for a 6speed with around 60k miles and no navigation. Navi 6speeds go for low to mid 60's depending on miles.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I leave near DC also and they do go for that price range. I've been eyeing a few but havnt actually test drove any yet.

Mid high 50's for a 6speed with around 60k miles and no navigation. Navi 6speeds go for low to mid 60's depending on miles.
He is correct on the pricing. I've seen one for around $49k with high miles on Autotrader. 2001 is the way to go on prices.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts