Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the other day im drivin down the highway and hit a bump to a section of new pavment and notice the back of my car is about 5 inches lower and the rides real bouncy. the spring cup had slipped past the little ledges on the shock on both my rear shocks. needless to say, it was an hour drive turned into a 2.5 hour drive. Anyhow, no more napa shocks for me, im poor so i was thinking about these KYB's the SKU# 341070.
http://www.car-stuff.com/performanc...6&model=320&brand=1371&part_name=26&category=
there oddly cheap and i cant find a part number like that anywhere else. Will these shocks fit? do they have an integral spring cup? becuae the stockers are pretty bent by now. Any suggestions? i'll post pics of my car later.. the rear diff supports are just over an inch off the ground. Lemme know what you think about these shocks.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Why don't you get some good ones with some reviews and proven duriablity before you end up wasting more of your time and money. I mean I've never tried those but, usually you get what you pay for..

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree.. i'd love to get some high quality stuff... but right now im in between work and sorta need the ride. Im looking for a best bang for the buck

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Im running tokico blues and intrax lowering springs right now on my car and they are awsome. They are defenitly a hell of a lot better than stock and the ride is real smooth now. I got them for like 200 shipped for all 4.

·
Registered
596 Posts
^^Yea tokico HP's or Blue's as more commonly known work fairly well especially for the 200 price you can usualy get them for on ebay. I actually have 2 rear ones that are good still if your interested.. maybe 1k miles on them.

·
Professional White Man
2,673 Posts
Stevo86 said:
so the other day im drivin down the highway and hit a bump to a section of new pavment and notice the back of my car is about 5 inches lower and the rides real bouncy. the spring cup had slipped past the little ledges on the shock on both my rear shocks. needless to say, it was an hour drive turned into a 2.5 hour drive. Anyhow, no more napa shocks for me, im poor so i was thinking about these KYB's the SKU# 341070.
http://www.car-stuff.com/performanc...6&model=320&brand=1371&part_name=26&category=
there oddly cheap and i cant find a part number like that anywhere else. Will these shocks fit? do they have an integral spring cup? becuae the stockers are pretty bent by now. Any suggestions? i'll post pics of my car later.. the rear diff supports are just over an inch off the ground. Lemme know what you think about these shocks.
those are awesome for the price... use em with them stock springs or a mild drop spring and they will work great!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a zepeda -
do the tokico blues you have have an integral spring cup on them? or do they use the stock spring cup and just have a place for it to rest? the problem i've had is my spring cups are pretty bent outa shape now that they have slipped past mounts on 2 different shocks... does anyone know if the KYB's have this feature? or do all shocks use the stock spring cup? thanks fellas feelin the love

Stevo

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
I had some and they worked great.. better then OE from toyota. I have bottomed it out at least twice really hard (my 89 auto was a rusted peace of crap).. sounds like you need a new strut cup for you spring. FYI i had two buddys in the back and one next to me with a sub when i bottomed it out the hardest.. i even stoped it and looked for body damage it hit so hard.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anyone know of any shocks that come with an integral shock cup so i can kill 2 birds with one stone? thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Stevo86 said:
a zepeda -
do the tokico blues you have have an integral spring cup on them? or do they use the stock spring cup and just have a place for it to rest? the problem i've had is my spring cups are pretty bent outa shape now that they have slipped past mounts on 2 different shocks... does anyone know if the KYB's have this feature? or do all shocks use the stock spring cup? thanks fellas feelin the love

Stevo
i dont know wha tyou mean by integral spring cup.. the tokico blues replace the whole shock. the perch where the spring is is new/part of the tokico shocks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats what i was asking. do the KYB GR2 have the same perch where the spring sits too?

Stevo

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
Stevo86 said:
thats what i was asking. do the KYB GR2 have the same perch where the spring sits too?

Stevo
mine look to be bolted right up with the stock shit and mine was a factory tems car they just took the motors off and cut the harness :ugh2:

if you want i can jack the car up tomorrow and take pics for ya :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
If your interested I'll sell you a set of Eibach springs with KYB GR2 on the front set and Illum II on the rear already mounted. I just took them off the car and replaced mine with TEIN Flex so I haven't even had a chance to take anything apart. They come as complete pieces. Will sell for 200 for all of it, but you'd have to pay for shipping from 87110 which may run a little to Connecticut. If your interested, PM and I'll take a few pics and we can talk about payment. Later.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
does any one have any pictures of the KYB GR2s for our cars? installed or not? i still need to know if the spring perch cup is integral. i dont really wanna spend the extra money for the illum 2's since i havn't heard good things about them. please let me know ASAP!!

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
I got pics for ya stevo! The first 2 are the front last 1 is the rear, They look pretty stock to me but i guess you could compair?

Anyways i hope they help.

Best pics i could get sorry if they dont help.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks dude!! those are real good pics.. looks like the rears re-use the stock spring cups.. i dont really feel like buying new ones, any one have some sittin on a parts car or know of a better way of doing this? i feel like i'm the only one whos had this problem. Any suggestions would be awsome. Thanks again supa man, big helps fo sho.

Stevo

·
Registered
596 Posts
what the hell do you mean by spring cups????? are you referring to the upper mount? or the mount on the actual shock?

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
im parting out my 87 but i dont have the tools to pull the springs and shit out and get them for ya........sorry mang

1 - 20 of 31 Posts