Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nashville Meet: July 23rd. 100 oaks mall.

Guys/ Gals,

If you are on some of the other forums for supra's you might know this already, but i am getting together a supra meet and we are meeting on JULY 23rd at the 100 OAKS MALL PARKING LOT

I dont know about awards LOL....since it will be a first BIG supra event, we just want to see HOW MANY supra's are going to come before we can go out and buy awards and such....

So give me a shout at my email if you are interested! [email protected]
or call me up, 1-615-513-8325. After this weekend I will have so much more info to hand out!

Lets make this meet a winner and have it every year! We need to get the SE supra's recognized!

FOR DIRECTIONS PLEASE READ BELOW:

BMW of Nashville is RIGHT beside the 100 Oaks mall. If you are coming from out of state or just far out of town ( nashville), BMW of Nashville actually has a MAP CALCULATOR for directions, just simply enter in your State, Street address and it does the rest for you....far more accurate than mapquest if you ask me:

http://www.bmwofnashville.com/Information-Directions.aspx

-Jonathan

Here is the information on the Music City Motorplex "LATE NIGHT DRAG"
http://www.musiccitymotorplex.com/2005/dragnight.htm

HAYS NISSAN Late Night Street Drags

With the success of the 2004 Furiously Fast Friday’s, the Music City Motorplex has moved its drag night to Saturday Night. Beginning April 9 and running through August 27, The HAYES Nissan and HAYES Mitsibushi ShowDown at SunDown Late Night Drags offers everyone a safe environment to enjoy the thrill of street drag racing. Saturday Nights will include 1-on-1 drags down the front straight away, Show-n-Shine competitions, stereo db blasts, burn-out competitions and much more.

The action starts at 7:30pm with car and driver being able to participate in all events for $15 and general admission for $5. The Music City Motorplex will again be enforcing its strict zero tolerance rules of absolutely no drugs, alcohol, or misconduct.

A wide variety of special events will be added throughout the year including: stunt bikes, big rig drags, and the infamous burn out competition. More sponsors support has also been added this year that will enable the Music City Motorplex to give away gifts and prizes on an almost weekly basis.

There will be three classes competing this year, Domestic, Import, and Pro. The domestic class inludes all GM, Ford, and Dodge vehicles. The import class includes all vehicles manufactured by any other manufacture besides GM, Ford, or Dodge. Both of these classes will compete for trophies with each weeks winners being invited back for the Championships at the end of the year to compete for cash and prizes. Each weeks winners will be required to move up to the Pro class for their next two appearances. This will give more individuals the chance to win in their respected classes.

The Pro class vehicles will be determined by their owners, those required to compete by being a previous weeks winner, or by the track officials. This class will compete for a “Winner Takes All” cash purse, as each competitor in the Pro-Class will be required to pay an additional $10 to compete with the overall winner taking the purse collected from the additional $10 buy-in’s, for example, if twenty cars register to compete in the Pro-Class then the winner will collect $200.

The Burn Out Competition overall winner will receive four new tires from American Tire.

More information about the ShowDown at SunDown Saturday Late Night Drags is available by calling the Music City Motorplex office at (615) 726-1818.

Tentative Schedule: Every Saturday Night:

April 9-August 27

7:30pm Gates Open

8:15pm Drag Practice Runs Begin

9:30pm DB Blast and Show-n-Shine

10:15pm Burnout Competition

10:30pm Drag Eliminations Begin

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
I'll bring mine... but then again, why not just take a trip to ATL - we're guaranteed to meet up with at least 10-15 Supras down there. There's no one up here in Nashville, it seems.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was worrying about that Chris, Seems there arent that many supra's around here...if there are.....they are beat up N/A mk3's.....LMAO

I am opening this to the surrounding states as well! So hopefully we might have a bit more than 10-15 cars....

I am opening the spaces to other high performance import rides as well..not only supra's...so we will get a good feel of difference in the atmosphere...not bad difference... :hahano: lol

Like i said, next week i should know alot more about what i should plan for, how to get this thing catered ( which it might cost like $10 bucks to park and include the food, of course money being taken at the door). Maybe even have a couple of BS awards or two to have fun....like the best "shift knob" or "arm rest" contest...LMAO

-Jonathan

·
95 6spd sp63'd from hell!
438 Posts
Well if my mkiv is out of the shop by the time. Ya i'll have to come to this event. =)

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! Just tell anyone you know in the area that has a supra n/a or turbo, to come!!!! I want to make it cheap ( $$ for food and renting the parking spaces) as we can, and as FUN as we can! I could have a film buddy come up and shoot a cool little meet video as well :) If any of you have any "cool or fun" ideas for the meet, TELL ME!!!!!

Man, i just washed and waxed my car....( first time since 8 months ago when i got her...) and wow what a difference it made! I think i gained about 10 hp! :wtflol:

j/k

-Jonathan

·
95 6spd sp63'd from hell!
438 Posts
Lol! I have a question. Does anyone up there know a guy by the name of Mike? He works for Fedex (IIRC) and drives a 97 15th anniversary edition supra. It's white with volk sf challenge rims, it is lowered, has ntercooler spray bar, and has pretty much every thing done except for a single. Mike is a african american fellow btw. If any of that helps at all. He resides down here and such. I have a few pics of his car. If anyone needs that to chime in on my question. I was just wondering if he was gonna try to come up there. I think he told me his house burned down up there and such. <-- Just mentioned that to see if anyone knew him on here. I have no clue how long ago his house went up in flames. :sadwavey:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I will be there! Just let us know when, I will also email you and give you my info. Cant wait!

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
Well, I'll bring the STi if I have to... if not, then I'll at least have my car idling and driving around the parking lot - I'll just tow it out and unload it in that case.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Brittany for making this a sticky! That means we will have even more people viewing and possibly meeting up for this!

till then guys,

Jonathan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Whats up

I have a few comments to make regarding the date and location. I have a mint 88turbo and have been to many shows and meets along the east coast for a number of years. My first impression is pay for parking. I would rather use that money for an event we could all go to, may be Nashville Speedway. We could eat at Golden corral (and sit down with 15-20 people is not that bad) cheaply and have plenty of food. We should up a half day intinerary starting at 12 noon and ending at drag event or maybe the speedway and do some tailgating ... what are our event options ..... is there an import store to run a few dyno's or may be a dealership we can hang at few few hours to represent " the way toyota used be " As far as awards.... depends on how many people show up. Opry may be good starting point... There are several import shows in the area that we could hang out..I want offer my assistance on this .. feel free to mail me @[email protected]

http://www.nashvillesuperspeedway.com/schedule.html

... .... Speaking of events, I may be heading to the Englishtown meet...again If I have the time off , if your car can handle to 1500 miles its awesome event... the best of the best

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
July 15. IRL cars, at super speedway hmmmmmm

that would be cool!

I still would like to meet at a BIG parking lot so everyone can get there...rather fight the crowds at the SSpeedway....but that would be awsome to go to! Maybe we could meet up at Opryland and cruise to the Super Speedway ( take backroads and such) and just have a fun time driving.... :dunno: :)

-Jonathan

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
simann said:
Seems there arent that many supra's around here...if there are.....they are beat up N/A mk3's.....LMAO
-Jonathan
:sadwavey:

:madfawk:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I have an 85, and my son has an 89 turbo. If this happens, we'll both be there. By the way does anyone know a good machine shop in Nash? I have a 7mgte I want to build and I need someone that knows this motor.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Take it to a shop off Feslers lane exit off of I-24 coming from nashville. Its called USA motor and machine: 1-615-726-3725 They did another friends 7m as well as mine. SUPERB job, very clean shop and they do lots of 7m head rebuilds for BHG's...

My motor was miked/checked/clearnaced/cleaned all for $500 bucks. That includes new piston rings and clevite bearings!

They are the ONLY shop i would trust in nashville, a friend didnt listen to me and he took his B18 honda motor to a hodge podge shop that ripped him a new one and ruined his crank!!!!!!!!!!!! He is taking them to small claims court now for damages.

-Jonathan

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys make sure to be there! I am getting ready to talk to the managers at Opryland Hotel next week about scheduling....Food is not a priority....thinking that we might just go to a resteraunt and cruise around ....since its a first meet....lol

I will keep you guys posted!

-Jonathan

Reactions: 88toysupra

·
Registered
117 Posts
I will be there! Let me know if you need any help getting this to happen. On the food thing we could just take a cruise to a Sonic or someting like that. I emailed you with my number or just email or pm if you need any help.

Brian

·
Boost-a-holic
555 Posts
hell ya i could go if its on a weekend... post up the dates times and places..ehh

Reactions: 88toysupra
1 - 20 of 63 Posts