Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Carma Performance
765 Posts
silviadriftr said:
Just wondering if anybody's planning on going to the event. Also was wondering, if anoyone is going, when you would be going? Fri. night or Sat. morning? I think were going Fri night. Oh, also found this flyer for the show for more info:

http://ndra.nopi.com/2005/default.cfm

http://forums.bhamracing.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1968
Its pretty lame because its not a pro event. We got DQed last year cause some guy was mad that we faster than him in T6.

Erin

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Erin Carpenter said:
Its pretty lame because its not a pro event. We got DQed last year cause some guy was mad that we faster than him in T6.

Erin
Well, they do have the classes set up for a reasons and if you went into a class you shouldn't have been in it wouldn't matter whether it was NDRA,NHRA,IDRC or any of those. I think it's to keep the playing field as level as possible. :)

I don't think they are going to do the pro's this year because Steele didn't get their track refinished in time to give them enough notice to get the pro's scheduled there. But last year it was the biggest turnout of any of the NDRA events including any of the events the pro's were at.

·
Carma Performance
765 Posts
silviadriftr said:
Well, they do have the classes set up for a reasons and if you went into a class you shouldn't have been in it wouldn't matter whether it was NDRA,NHRA,IDRC or any of those. I think it's to keep the playing field as level as possible. :)

I don't think they are going to do the pro's this year because Steele didn't get their track refinished in time to give them enough notice to get the pro's scheduled there. But last year it was the biggest turnout of any of the NDRA events including any of the events the pro's were at.
Well they teched the car said it was fine. Then came up to us after the semis and said that we were DQed and showed us a different rule than we had downloaded.

Erin

·
Registered
296 Posts
Erin Carpenter said:
Well they teched the car said it was fine. Then came up to us after the semis and said that we were DQed and showed us a different rule than we had downloaded.

Erin

Erin is right, we were teched under some different rules than the ones the pulled out of no where to DQ us. Which was total BS. But I guess if someone goes and crys to the tech guys and says we are cheating, what can ya say?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Erin Carpenter said:

Erin

You can't run a th400 trans in the sportsman class. It has to be a toyota made transmission. That rule has been in the rule book since day 1. It is the racers responsibility to follow the rules of the class that are stated in the rulebook. The car would have teched fine because they are looking for certain things in the intial tech. After every pass the car is checked again for different things they may see. I am not saying that it should have made it through tech in the first place but at least for the people that followed the rules of the class they did catch the infraction before it went past the first round. If you are wondering how I knew, I have my sources. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, I said after the first round. I see it was after the semifinal round.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts