Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ne1 Know the QUALITY of the DURAFLEX TRD WIDEBODY Kit selling on eBay. I am curious if it is any good compared to MVP or Mani's Kit that is Hand laid.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've never heard of it, but its been my experience that you get what you pay for. I'd recommend picking up MVPs kit if you can. You'll end up spending less on prepping and fitting in the long run.

·
Actual Member Since 2003
3,204 Posts
bludemon said:
I've never heard of it, but its been my experience that you get what you pay for. I'd recommend picking up MVPs kit if you can. You'll end up spending less on prepping and fitting in the long run.
ditto

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Duraflex? It's not supposed to be flexing, it's fiberglass. Maybe they are referring to the waves you'll have in your kit. :kekegay:

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
duraflex is actually a material by extreme dimensions. im assuming the ebay seller has a wholesale account. its a type of fiberglass except is more resistant to cracking because it uses plastic resins or something. not entirely sure. the kits extreme dimensions usually produce have fitament very simular to the original, if not exactly the same.

more info is on www.extremedimensions.com

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
Knock offs FTL.

I like how the Extreme Dimensions site, the preview of 'Duraflex' is a photoshopped bumper of theres. It used a twisting effect, not some actually twisting it. Hilarious.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
X2daC said:
Knock offs FTL.

I like how the Extreme Dimensions site, the preview of 'Duraflex' is a photoshopped bumper of theres. It used a twisting effect, not some actually twisting it. Hilarious.
you seem to like to pull random bs out of your ass. too bad youre wrong. all ive sene of your posts are negative and you like to bash the shit out of people with crap you pull out of your ass. tone it down a bit man. you dont have to be such a prick

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
I like to pull random shit from my ass? Go to the freaking site and look.

I'm not being negative. It's called constructive criticism. I'm sorry if I feel that if you can afford to drive one of these cars, you can afford to do the mods right and not cut corners.

Here you go. Tell me that isn't photoshopped. Go and watch the animation too. That's a simple photoshop trick.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
X2daC said:
I like to pull random shit from my ass? Go to the freaking site and look.

I'm not being negative. It's called constructive criticism. I'm sorry if I feel that if you can afford to drive one of these cars, you can afford to do the mods right and not cut corners.

Here you go. Tell me that isn't photoshopped. Go and watch the animation too. That's a simple photoshop trick.
thats a flash intro genius. dont think you bothered to click "more information"

and i suppose the shit talking in my post was "constructive criticism" too?

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
supraman116 said:
^ that's a photoshop as well. It's not that hard to do.

Notice in the red circled area, how his leg doesn't line up.
thats odd. i do know for a fact they are able to stretch realitively simular to that though. i vouch for extreme dimensions 100% i have no idea why theyd photoshop the images though. thats interesting, ill have to ask

·
looking for another Supra
1,890 Posts
i mean i know flexing is good in some sense. but those parts flex too much, you need some solid rigidity to an extent. your whole body kit will look like jello when you hit a bump.

what if they start making duraflex wheels so when you hit a pothole nothing bends.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL, I am just curious if anyone has installed it, they already told me the fitment would be better than any kit if not as good or better than factory. So I am not worried about that, I am worried about weight more than anything and repair if anything might happen.

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
Any kit company will tell you it'll fit better than factory. They're just trying to move product. Honestly, I'd cut my losses and take a sledge to the "duraflex" kit and get a better version of the TRD kit through MVP or Mani.

·
Registered
594 Posts
when it comes to body parts, you definitely get what you pay for. i have no idea why you'd want a kit to flex. imho a kit like that would be wavy as hell, have sagging issues later on and would compromise the integrity of the kit. the mvp/mani trd widebodies are reasonably priced too. why wouldn't u just pony up the extra bucks and do it right? i had seeing badly fitted kits on supras. that's one of my pet peeves

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It has nothing to do with saving money, I have seen Mani and MVP kits installed and if done right they look great, but after a year or two of driving the fiberglass works seems to cause cracks etc..

This DURAFLEX stuff from what I have read online not from the seller seems to put up with everday driving much better, so that is what I am trying to find out.

I want to drive the car, not just have it sit in the garage and look good.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
i think that people are thinking its flappy and easily flexible. IT IS NOT. but instead of cracking it flexes. i would rather have it wave in an area than crack if someone opens their door into it or something hits it and so on. in my opinion a wave would look a hell of a lot better than a crack

1 - 20 of 26 Posts