Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with my quest to remake my supra's interior with the factory seats (until I can afford aftermarket), I stumbled upon and idea and i want to know what you guys think. My mother who is a very accomplish sewer has a very expensive sewing machine that does complex embrodery. I asked her to embroder the toyota logo along with the words supra into the head rest. As the programing met with limited success, I now have a good working model and will be trying a test peice. What would you guys think about custom factory seats? Ass well as being able to create embrodery out of any picture you can also use any to make any word. Recently i digitized my own car into an embrodery patern. Point is that this same technology can be used to make sholder sleeve insignias (as the army calls them) or little patches you find in a store like hot topic. What would you guys think? Note worthy market, or bust? Gimme some feed back on the idea. Hopefully I'll be able post pics in a day or so of the head rest for everyone to see. Also remeber the design are not limited by the head rest, the are only limited by the material.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
sounds like a good idea, but are you allow to post these kinds of post? aight peace :wtf:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no clue. Sorry if it was admin..... I just thought it would be neat to keep orignal seats reupolsterd and people running around with mk3 club patches or something to that nature.

3,796 Posts
Sounds cool....post some pics :D

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
yeah i think as long as you arent actually selling something the post is fine...hes just looking for interest.....

i think it could be something but who knows......mk3 owners are a weird crowd they change opinions at the drop of a hat lol

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
as long as the supra script looks good, ";) i would think it would be cool to have that on my car;) " Very good idea...

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
A Buddy of mine got his stock seats reupholsterd in black leather. with the supra logo in the head rest...looked real nice just dont have any pics ill get some if i can

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
know how much he paid?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i was just thinking the toyota logo. can you guys think of a specific mk3 item to embroder in the head rest... Oh and my embelms in my seats will only cost me material and thread nothing more.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I plan on having my avatar embroidered into the head rests whenever I get my seats done. I personally like the MKIV logo much better than the ho-hum block letter design we got.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i could do it hawkeye to show you what it looked like

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
okay here are 2 pics one with toyota and one with toyota supra to give you some sort of idea of what it will look like. this is just the scrap peice of material from the mk3 headrest i am recovering cause i hate maroon valor.

G

·
Thats pretty cool. Custom seats always look neat.
As a market, I dunno how well a supra seat cover would sell, as there probably isnt a big market. You can always try the ebay thing, but I don't think you would make much money. Maybe an open add for custom seat/headrest covers would do ya.

They do look pretty sweet tho, I like the one with the supra logo.

As far as arm patches, yeah, I think they would be cool. I am way into cars, and car club, so if I had a car club, I would totally be down with some kind of embroidered patch.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the actual part you are seeing is the old head rest with the embrodery and i would never do seat covers. they never sit still, the only way to cover nasty seats is to have them reupholstered.

G

·
hey Adam,
I take it you hate my interior for mixing the logos,
but thats ok,
I like it, custom interior is nice, but alot of work.
I am the only one in windsor with the factory custom job.
anyways see ya in a week.
:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts