Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 supra and it has the stock tape player in it. I was running some wires to my speakers when i think the wires touched the body of the car. Then i noticed my music stop playing. Now when i push tape, the radio itself turns on but there is no movement in it. What i mean is if i select tape, I don't hear or see the tape player being engaged, nor when i put on the radio, the anntena does not go up. Also im not getting any static or feedback in my speakers.

My question is, is my radio done for it or can i simply replaced something within it. My radio is apart now, so if i need to replace something now the time. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,347 Posts
Tony Mawad said:
Well I live maybe 150 miles north of you.
If you really want to fix what you have, you can have mine for free. Just give me whatever for the shipping. It will go straight to the garbage otherwise. I never thought anyone would want a stock radio.

I have long since just put a new deck & then have even replaced that with another deck (mp3 player now).

Not sure though if you can get new decks to activate the antennas though. That may be one of the cons of aftermarket decks.
I've never heard of an aftermarket deck not being able to activate the antenna...

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
I had a problem, when I put my Alpine CD player in my 90T.... after I went back to Tweeter, they fixed it. I don't know if they didn't do it right or what, but they fixed it for free and haven't had a problem since!

·
Search
3,305 Posts
I'm not sure why, I havn't looked at the wiring diagram, but there are two wires of the factory harness that need to be connected to the aftermarkt radio for the power ant. to activate

it does work, i've done it :)

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
just hook up the antenna wire to any switched 12v output. anything that is turned on when the key is in run will do.

even better, build a switch for it so that you can lower it if needs be.

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
if you buy the harness, there is almsot ALWAYS a second blue wire for power antenna, other blue wire is usually remote for amps.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
^^ That's the way you have to do it somtimes... I think Pioneer and Alpine have built in switches to turn it off when the cd player is on, some do some don't... whatcha gunna do?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts