Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But the dealership has a bad Key code in database.

I was told the keycode is written on the passenger side door cylinder.

How do I get about getting to it ?

·
2,279 Posts
They should just need your vin number. That can be found on the dash by looking through the windshield. Its also on the door or doorwell (haven't opened the car in awhile, not sure which).

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Toyota usually purges their system after ten years, so I doubt his key code is going to be in there.

Sorry I can't help ya further, just wanted to clarify :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
if no luck with toyota, Lock Smith would be the only route

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally had to unhook the door and look on the lock cylinder. Its a 5 digit number. For all you supra owners with future key code probs.

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Juss take the lock out and take it to a locksmith. My cousin recently had to do this for his 90 cressida. IIRC, it ran him less then $50. Might be different.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Or you can get the key code and have Toyota make a perfect key for less than $5.00.

I just had one cut today in fact, but I had it done on an original key (ordered it from the warehouse, it's the original master key). I also have the original paperwork for the car, which says the key code on it as well.

A lot of our cars are too old to go by the VIN, I know some people with 91-92's have still had luck though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well belive it ot not ... Toyota was of no help to me. I have to get a lock smith.

The car had a wrong key code. Didnt make any sense !

Ive had 3 keys made by toyota and all 3 failed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Toyota stamps the key code on all passenger side cylinder locks, dissasembly of the door panel is necessary.
That way you can be 100% sure of your key code.

gladiator2043 is that where you looked?

Not to easy to get at but like Jeff said you can get a key made for about $5.00.

I have had a dealer make me the wrong key twice, with the correct key code before.

good luck

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
I think people need to stop saying "just give Toyota your VIN" because guess what? It doesnt do shit! Like everyone else, you need to take out the passenger door lock cylinder. I'll have to do it as well!

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:
I think people need to stop saying "just give Toyota your VIN" because guess what? It doesnt do shit! Like everyone else, you need to take out the passenger door lock cylinder. I'll have to do it as well!
Only 1 person said that... :bleh:

·
Registered
343 Posts
In my area, the locksmith actually came out to the house, and made me the key

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
gladiator2043 said:
Well belive it ot not ... Toyota was of no help to me. I have to get a lock smith.

The car had a wrong key code. Didnt make any sense !

Ive had 3 keys made by toyota and all 3 failed.
Someone may have had to replace the lock cylinder, and wanted it to be redone to match the key for the rest of the locks, hence the key code would not match. About all I can think of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts