Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing the sleepy eyes with aftermarket driving lights, I don't have them completely mounted and am far from finished with the cosmetic portion thus far. I am wiring them up to make sure I can get them to work, I know the supra has the sealed beam two filament bulb, and that the system was not designed to work with 2 single filament bulbs, but I know there's a way, there are three wires coming from the headlight pigtail, I have hooked the lights up in all configurations I can think of and no matter what I get a great low beam, and a dim less than half lit high beam, I don't care if both bulbs are lit on high which I would prefer, and figure that's how it will work anyway. But it seems no matter what I do I cant get it right, I searched and all the posts I found cover the photos of how to make them looks like they belong there not how to wire them up. As always any help is appreciated, please don't flame on the lazy eyes, I had a 92 Celica GT Conv. and it had supra style popups and I hated them but at the time didn't have the know-how to change them (apparently I still don't), but know I am going for it.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant navigate a wiring diagram to save my life I checked that exact diagram before I posted, I don't think I have ever heard of this before, and its confusing. So I will use all the of the wires from the pigtail? I hate to be a PITA but wiring is NOT my forte.

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
its easyer than it looks. right below the gray area there are the 2 headlights. in the pigtail you should have a red wire(power), red w/ black stripe(high beam ground), and red w/ blue stripe(low beam ground).

connect the the red wire and red w/blue stripe to the low beam head light.
then for the other splice the red power wire or run a second 12v wire(fused) and red w/black stripe wires to the other light.

after you do that you should have low beams and high beams.
you will get better lighting using new wires from the switch but for now you can just get a male connectors(so to say) to fit in the stock 3 prong(female) connector.
splice the red wire for power to both head lights and then connect the other wires to the appropriate spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.