Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now that i have the security system problem out of the way..its time to address the power issue

The problems:

1. the car starts up fine,but once it gets warm the idle bounces between 1.5,and 2.3k rpm

2. when i acelerate the car boosts fine,but there seems not to be alot of power+not alot of aceleration (a mazda protege could prolly beat me in a race )

3. speedo,oil pressure,water temp,and gas guages dont work (basically the only think in the guage cluster that works is the clock,and tach.)

What ive looked at on the car:

1. plugs and wires are new

2. injectors are squirting good

what in goin to check today :

1. timing

2. whatever you guys think i should look at

any input is appreciated

·
Registered
130 Posts
1. my car used to do the same thing everytime my battery would die. i dont know if yours has recently. but if i remember right the car has to relearn the fuel curve. if you let it idle for...15 minutes it should go away.

2. is it a new motor or older? have you checked compression at all?

3. have you pulled the cluster out of the dash? its a pretty easy job and that would be my first bet. if you do take it out though get an empty soup can to put the 30 thousand screws in. i always lose mine.

just my 0.02

G

·
Check all your fuses. maybe when you clipped those wires for the security system (if you left the battery hooked up) u may have blown a couple fuses. if not. check ur cluster like mark3dman said.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mark3dman said:
1. my car used to do the same thing everytime my battery would die. i dont know if yours has recently. but if i remember right the car has to relearn the fuel curve. if you let it idle for...15 minutes it should go away.

2. is it a new motor or older? have you checked compression at all?

3. have you pulled the cluster out of the dash? its a pretty easy job and that would be my first bet. if you do take it out though get an empty soup can to put the 30 thousand screws in. i always lose mine.

just my 0.02

1. will do

2. im guessing its the same motor that came in the car..i know that the HG was changed at 127k miles,and it has 134k on it now.hence my reason for checking the timing

3.havent pulled the cluster out,but will look at all other options befor doing so

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KVSupra87 said:
Check all your fuses. maybe when you clipped those wires for the security system (if you left the battery hooked up) u may have blown a couple fuses. if not. check ur cluster like mark3dman said.

the cluster didnt work befor i did the security system,but i am gonna check all fuses

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just checked fuses,looked for cracked or missing vac lines,and tried to adjust the CPS

no matter which way i turned it i got less power,though when i turned it ,it did idle down,but at the saME TIME LOST POWER... the spot where i got the most power is when i turned it all the way back,and the bolt is at the top of the CPS braket,and also the same spot where rpm's bounce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts