Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my car will probably need to get from Centre County, PA to either Philly or Westchester NY. I don't want to pay crazy money for this but all the transport and tow companies want an arm and a leg. If anyone from any of these areas could help me out and offer their services that would be great. I would pay, I just want a more reasonable rate. Please let me know if any of you guys with trailers/trucks can help or if anyone has a hookup with a tow company. Thanks. :)

BTW, the car doesn't run so I would need a winch unless someone has a dolly.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Seth,
if all else fails, have you looked into renting a UHaul flat car trailer? I've seen Supras trailered to the track on those but of course you need something to pull it with. Maybe they'd rent one of their $19.99/day pickups with that trailer on back and still be cheaper than transport company. Plus the trailer is so low, you can push the Supra up on it with some help.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, good call Nick. $49.95 for just the trailer. I wish I had a truck though. I have a really powerful Jeep thats willing to tow me but I'm not sure if it still has stock brakes. I don't suppose a Cherokee with stock brakes could handle towing a car...

·
0 Posts
yea it should, most of the new trailers have electronic brakes or the other kind <i forget the name> "slide brake" or somthing maybe? i dunno

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SWEET!!! The U-hauls have surge brakes. :) Wow, a tow for $49.95 plus gas. Thanks for all the info guys.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Uhauls primary concern is a class 3 hitch on the towing vehicle, it must also have a fixed hardtop (no Jeep Wranglers). I've pushed my Supra on one of those Uhaul trailers with help from only one other person, and those trailers tow real easy too. :)

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I hope you find something that will work for you buddy. I know you have helped members like myself before so I hope you get the same back. I'll PM / call you about next week. Weds. should be good :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts