Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a clutch that will hold 350 to 400 tq. i had a spec stage 3 on my mazda and i hated the rough engagment. so what i am asking is, do yall know of any clutches that will hold that much power and still have a soft engagment (not much rougher than stock).

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
i have a spec stg 3 and its not bad if you know how to drive.......

other than that i dunno what to tell you i dont have money left and right to where i can try EVERY clutch on the market, but i like my Spec Stg 3. its been in two cars with two different drivers beating the holy shit out of it and it still holds fine, but i will soon go from 310whp to 420whp in a week or so so we'll see how it does then

·
function > form
512 Posts
Buy a good quality clutch and push that damn pedal. I'd be worried about pedal feel if I was going to be sharing the car with my girlfriend, and it sure as hell wouldn't be a car making 350ft-lbs.

·
Premium Member
6,637 Posts
if you plan on making any power in the future so you dont have to do it again, just save the money, do the flywheel and a rps 6puck in there. it will be worth it in the end. trust me..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cnewingham said:
Search is your FRIEND! I promise.
i did search, and no answers. replying just to say search is a waste your time and mine. im not worried about pedal effort, im worried about engagment. my spec stage 3 held well but there is no slipping it in. the engagment was so rough that it drove me nuts driving around town.

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
i can slip mine just fine.

at the track i rev it up to 4800 and slip it out and then go. i daily drive my supra with the stg3 in it and its fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cnewingham said:
A waste of time eh. Well if you would have used the search function(which is why it is there) you would have came up with a huge amount of info. Dont worry though because I took the time to do it for you.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1246750
if you follow that link it says sorry no matches, that some search you did there buddy.and yes i could have searched every brand of clutch one by one and see what people tought, but i dont have time for that. there are atleast 50 different clutch manufacturers, and with mis and match( like act) there are hundreds of possibilitys.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
well I guess the time expired. You dont like to do research? That is how you get knowledge about things like this. Like you already stated, you didnt like the spec stage 3 however 90% of the members here swear by it. As far as driveability, longevity and performence your best bet is this one:
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pri...ches/part/Feramic_Full_Face_-_Supra_MK3_Turbo
its not cheap but definetly worth it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
In theory the guy I bought my car from said he just put in a 6-puck but I doubt it because it feels like every other supra i've ever driven. So take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cnewingham said:
well I guess the time expired. You dont like to do research? That is how you get knowledge about things like this. Like you already stated, you didnt like the spec stage 3 however 90% of the members here swear by it. As far as driveability, longevity and performence your best bet is this one:
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pri...ches/part/Feramic_Full_Face_-_Supra_MK3_Turbo
its not cheap but definetly worth it.
i dont mind doing research, its just i need to order this clutch in the next day or two. work is crazy and i dont have the time to search 100`s of post for info. oh and thanks ill search for some reveiws on that clutch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts