Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 91 mk3 turbo 5 spd that has been sitting for 3 months due to a blown motor. Now my new jdm engine will finally be in next week. Now im kinda new to mk3 community having owned a 89 240sx sr20 and a 97 240sx in the past. I know the 7mgte is capable of 650rwhp, but all i want is between 350-400rwhp. So, with that in mind, what turbo upgrade should i get? Im pretty sure for that hp i can just upgrade my ct-26. But what trim should i get?

heres my mods as of now

bolt ons

hks full 3in turbo back exhaust
lexus v8 afm
k and n air filter
turbo xs manual boost controller
greddy type rs bov
koyo aluminum radiator
rc 550cc injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump
proclutch stage 1 clutch kit
air/ furl pressure regulator
custom fmic with 2 1/2 piping
Blitz turbo timer

parts going on jdm engine ( new )

titan 1.4mm metal head gasket
apr head studs
new timing belt
all new gaskets
new water pump

one last question, what should i set my boost at for daily driving with these mods on stock ct-26? i was thinking 11psi....

adrian

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
leave your boost alone untill you get used to driving the car.. it's not a 240 at all.....

i have the same basica mods, and with no boost controler, i was running 9-11 psi stock,

full 2.5inch custom hard pipes , no 3000pipe, and full 3inch exhaust.

just with these basic mod's im pretty happy with driving the car around,

not to mention.. all of my friends give me crap about it being an automatic, untill it putt's them in their seat.. then their saying it's the fastest auto they ever been in..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i did drive it for 3 weeks until it blew up. I was racing a 2002 chevy 2500 hd turbo diesel truck that has 587hp at the wheels. I didnt believe him until he showed me the dyno graphs. And yes i did beat him, but we were dead even all the way until i hit 4th, then i was gone. I was runnin 13psi on stock ct-26.

adrian

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,950 Posts
britishguy60 said:
I currently have a 91 mk3 turbo 5 spd that has been sitting for 3 months due to a blown motor. Now my new jdm engine will finally be in next week. Now im kinda new to mk3 community having owned a 89 240sx sr20 and a 97 240sx in the past. I know the 7mgte is capable of 650rwhp, but all i want is between 350-400rwhp. So, with that in mind, what turbo upgrade should i get? Im pretty sure for that hp i can just upgrade my ct-26. But what trim should i get?

heres my mods as of now

bolt ons

hks full 3in turbo back exhaust
lexus v8 afm
k and n air filter
turbo xs manual boost controller
greddy type rs bov
koyo aluminum radiator
rc 550cc injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump
proclutch stage 1 clutch kit
air/ furl pressure regulator
custom fmic with 2 1/2 piping
Blitz turbo timer

parts going on jdm engine ( new )

titan 1.4mm metal head gasket
apr head studs
new timing belt
all new gaskets
new water pump

one last question, what should i set my boost at for daily driving with these mods on stock ct-26? i was thinking 11psi....

adrian

Waht about getting new rod berings to insure they are in good condition and new rings with a light hone. JDMS arent bullet proof and I always here of them blowing. This is because who knows how the car was treated or what condition the motor is before installing! :1poke:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts