Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter, car will be in storage. Time to make her faster. I am bpu now. PMI 3 in dp, mbc, apexi gt spec, k&n cone intake, apexi bov with hard pipe, bcc, blitz boost gauge and timer. I will have around $400 to 600 to play with. I was thinking about nos, but I think it will be more trouble than it's worth. If I blow a turbo in the next couple years, I'm screwed. So I want mods that don't add power, but more take advantage of what power I am already making and wasting.

I am thinking about a profec B used and then maybe cam gears. I hear people say they gained10 to 15 hp from an exhaust cam gear alone. I would install the profec myself, but would probly have the cam gears installed. How much should install cost?

what about super afc? Used FMIC? Save for the day my #2 takes a shit on me (get ready for single)? 373 screw?

Any help and opinions appreciated. I listen to you guys

S

·
0 Posts
I would go with AFC...this can keep your car running smooth, not too rich, not too lean, and you can watch settings to assure you wont detinate...

its something you have to learn, but can really save your ass, and tune your car so you will get hp.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Cam gears you can do yourself. You just need a dyno to tune them. It is usually the shops labor rate to tune. $50-$75 an hour. Here are the things I have in mind right now to pick up when money allows:

EGT gauge w/peak hold
Boost gauge w/peak hold
BOV kit
FMIC

And I think that's it for now. I want to do more maintenance things for the car at the moment when Howard gets back so he can help me with it.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
bov kit used (ss hks i like)
boost controler profect be or hks ez good and cheap
egt guage with peak hold i like greddy or apexi!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts