Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of 18" once piece superleggeras for my wifes S4 last may from the wheel exchange 1800 and change for rims and tires. Last month I hit a pot hole, pancaked the wheel. My bad I know road hazards exsist especially in Cleveland. I call the wheel exchange to buy a new rim. They dont carry them anymore, click!!! I'm like wtf. Send them a few emails saying I was dissapointed about there service dont here back. Oh well. I send the rim out to be repaired comes back good enough with in 15,000ths I'm happy. Two weeks later thers a flat on another tire, not the one that was repaired. I pull if off, look for the nail and low and behold the rim is cracked on the inside of the rim right at the lip. Pull the tire off and the crack runs about an inch into the tire. Super clean crack and the rim is perfeclty round, I would guess that if something was hit hard, it would proably bend even the slightest before it it cracked. I'm wondering if the rim may be defective. I call the wheel exchange to get the number for the OZ rep. They said they cant help me, OZ only deals with tire rack now. I call tire rack, they give me the reps number, I call him he says he's not the rep for OZ, OZ left the country and went back to Italy. The guy was a rep of some sort though, I asked him if i'm fucked, he said basically I was. I call tire rack back, I cant even buy a rim for the car. Anyone have anytype of problem with OZ, have a contact, any idea of what I should do, The rims have like 4000 summer miles on them at best.

Thanks guys.
Chris in Cleveland
94 T78 AEM 6spd

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
I feel your pain! Ive got OZ Mito's on my car and they ALL have some type of bend or dent in them. I know that I got one fixed before thru my bodyshop. I think its called Transwheel. I slid into a curb and dented the lip with curb rash too. They fixed it, polished it and refinished the alloy section. GREAT WORK. I think it cost like $300. But I tried buyin more. . . no luck! Ive only found them once and they were around $1200 a piece, USED. I suggest trying them or another repair shop because Ive had NO luck contacting OZ on any occassion! Good Luck!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure I can get it fixed, but what a pain the ass, and if it continues to happen to these wheels again again, I dont even know if they're worth keeping. I thought I was buying a high quality rim, and along with that I was buying from a company that wouldnt leave you high and dry.

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
OZ is one of the top wheel makers IMO, but I would check out the dealer that you bought them from. Ive seen some dealers try to resell a returned set of wheels saying "the other people didnt like the way they look on their car!" BEWARE!

·
Banned
754 Posts
If you can't get them fixed or decide not to, I've got a set of 17" OZ 3-Piece Forged Modular Wheels with tires (Practically brand new) that I could sell to you for cheap!!! They are the same exact wheels as Supra 404!!! Let me know if you are interested, thanks!!!

~Farhad G.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts