Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... Well I had a system until the winter... My buddie took my box and I never got it back... :/ He says he'll buy me a new box but I'm wondering what it should be...

#1 I had a elcheepo 12" Shaker sub (40 CDN) which used to provide enuff for me... BUT

Since supras only have 5/1'4's in the rear and 3 1/2 in front I have no mids.. I have 6 Tweeter's 4 on the front (2 on the 3 1/2's) and 2 extras and 2 on the 5 1/4's so i actually have too much highs.. Oh well.

However, I have no bass from them speackers. Thats where the 12" enclosed sub box came in. However, I could only hit DEEP long beats like hip-hop music and stuff.. I listen to Dance music and I was thinking that I need smaller speakers IE 2 10's 1 10 or 2 8's maybe 1 8? I don't want to spend more then 100 more on this.. I was wondering what I should do... I have 2 Kenwood KAC 606 amps one amp drove the 12" plenty... I was thinking of getting 1 10 and hooking the other amp to the 5 1/4's in the back.

Finally I need advice on what speakers I should be getting?? JL Infinity? ECT.. Please LMK Also should I hook up that amp to the 5 1/4's they are BOSS speakers the guy that sold them to me said they where good I doubte it though. They are RD-524 2 way high power speakers 150 Max watts 4 OHM ?!?!

All I want is some DECENT CLEAN sound that will place dance music with a nice PUNCH :)

Thanks

Eric..

·
Ok, ok, maybe 500rwhp!!!
1,184 Posts
For cheap 'n easy bass with a performance look...check out SAS Bazooka's new 8" sub, self amplified w/300watts. It comes painted blue just like a nitrous bottle. It even has a valve and hose-looks like the real thing!

:D

J

·
0 Posts
Used JL Audio They are probably the best cleanest Sub for the money. If I were you I would go with something like two JL 10w 3's. I have three of them in my 4Runner and they sound great. A buddy of mine also has them in his 01 Celica. They sound real nice in there. And A good Complement for an Amp would be the JL 500/1.

F

·
0 Posts
I would recommend that you put 2 jl-10" whether they are w3 or w0, my friend had a couple w0's in his truck only running 85w of power through them and they thumped hard. It all depends on the enclosure, it makes all the difference in the world. I would not amplify your 5 1/4" speakers because it would not be a noticeably deeper sound, if they are putting out clean sound already leave them how they are.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got three 8's in a pretty tricked out box in the trunk that lets me get to the spare and still put the targa in. They're JL W6's. I like 8's cause they're not too deep, but still have a nice kick.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok after considering i should shed some more info.

the 5 1/4's and the 3 1/2 fart badly when i have any base to them from the deck... I have a pioneer deh 3300 50x4 watts.

I wanna have something where I can keep my tara space .

Do I really need 2 10's? remember I just want enough to hear my music not enough to wake up the rest of the world. Hence my kac 606's amps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts