Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I'm running OBDII without CATs I get the annoying engine error light. I tried Dan's new black box and it did not work. I'm thinking about buying a '94 ECU but I've heard that though it will probably fix my error light, it may also introduce other problems.

I know some of you have done this. What are the problems???

Thanks,
John
www.utahracing.com/supras/john.html

·
259 Posts
Hi John...off the topic but how did you get the hood scoop?? did you do it, have a shop do it or did the previous owner do it??

Jeff M

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
I believe Scott Smith, or Scott in Vegas has switched computers to try to fix his fuel problem.

·
Banned
945 Posts
RSP TRD TT said:
Because I'm running OBDII without CATs I get the annoying engine error light. I tried Dan's new black box and it did not work. I'm thinking about buying a '94 ECU but I've heard that though it will probably fix my error light, it may also introduce other problems.

Thanks,
John
John,

I was running a stock 94 ECU in Vegas and am now on a 94 GForce... plug and play. :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
RSP TRD TT said:

Thanks,
John
Powerhouse Racing also has "black box" they call it a "Oxygen Sensor Simulator", $95.00. Might want to give it a try before shelling out $$ for a OBDI ECU.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Steve Jarvis (screen name and real name) on this forum recently put a 95 ecu in his new 97 TT. You might want to look up his email address and see if he has had any issues so far.

Good luck,
Kirk

·
Registered
56 Posts
hey this might help,i have a '98 and i traded with a friend (a'93)
and the light still comes on,the '96 up have that extra oxygen
censor and the obd1 have that conflict,but mines runs fine.

i have hks ti exhaust
randy

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the posts guys.

Dennis, I should have gotten your phone number in Vegas. If you get a minute, please email it to me. I'd like to pick your brain on this.

Regarding the hood scoop, it was a pretty simple job. I had it painted at a shop. You remove the insulation under the hood, drill up through the 4 pre-stamped holes in the under-hood bracing. Download the template dimensions from MKIV.com, mark the outline on your hood and cut the hole with a Dremel tool using the cutoff wheels. Lay a thin strip of duct tape under the edge of the scoop and tighten it down to the hood with 4 supplied nuts.

John

·
462 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts