Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've pretty much closed the deal on selling the supra, so it's time to get another car. I've pretty much decided that I want a truck, to do a little off road stuff but mainly for daily use.
So, that brings me to the Tacoma. I've heard and read a lot of good things about the 2.7 engines in the 95+ tacomas and I've been kind of leaning towards toyota anyway. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as trucks are considered? Is the tacoma a good choice? If I got the 2.7, I'd probably supercharge it.

In a nutshell: I'm looking for a truck. Right now I'm leaning towards a Tacoma. Anybody have any advice on a choice? Also, where should I start looking, besides the usual autotrader, cars.com, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Phil

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,780 Posts
IB4 taco stuffers.

Yes it is a good truck. I would recommend a clean 1998 model, it has some revised suspension geometry in the rear and a nice facelift. It looks to me like you want to spend $10,000 or so?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, thanks for the quick response. Yea I should clarify on that, but good call. I'm looking to spend under $10k. The further under $10k, the more I can spend on the good stuff.

·
Registered
452 Posts
try craigslist, you can probably find a decent 98 ext. cab for around $8k. not sure about the CA market though

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a 98 and a 2000 and love them i beat the hell outa my 98 REALY beat the hell out of it it has the supercharged V6 with 160k on it but it still starts up no smoke and screams like crazy try ttora.com there is alot of info there and they have state to state chapters with there own website that you can get on and maybe find one for sale of someone willing to help you alittle more in person

good luck to ya

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
hey, thanks for the quick response. Yea I should clarify on that, but good call. I'm looking to spend under $10k. The further under $10k, the more I can spend on the good stuff.

2wd or 4wd and what mileage range are you looking at i can tell you what it should cost.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BBS: I'm looking to get a 4wd, hopefully less than 100k miles on it

Iamtopher: hey thanks for the info, I actually just registered there yesterday. That forum has a bunch of info, I spent like 3 hours reading up yesterday. Is there any real difference between your 98 and the 2000 aside from anything aesthetic?

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts