Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

This is my first post!!

Needed a bit of advise regarding following:

I have a Supra MIII 3.0iTurbo Automatic which has been in an accident. The engine on this car is immaculate but the body needs to be worked on, the damge is quite bad.

I am planning to purchase a donnor Supra so I can use its body parts and the cheapest one i have seen is a 3.0 litre, however it is a 3.0 <b>NON turbo. </b>

Initially I was planning to take the body parts from the NON Turbo and place it onto my car. But now I am thinking that I should just take the engine from my Turbo and put it into the the Non Turbo Shell as the bodY is almost immaculate!

If I decide to do this, what is the process involved, I mean is it a straight forward engine swap, OR do I need to to also change the suspensions, exhaust etc etc as well?

Also what is the difference between a 3.0 Turbo Auto and a non 3.0 Turbo Auto Supra III (Apart from the Turbo dash board and of course the Turbo itself??)

Looking forward in hearing from you all soon :)

Regards

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
you just need to swap out as far as i know engine, exhaust, intercooler and ECU, as far as that i think thats it for the most part

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
The NA, unless a sports package wont have the LSD, the Driveshaft on the 5spd is longer than the AUto(correct me if visa versa) ECU, wiring, IC, PS resivoirs are diff I think, Lots of little crap, Keep that Voltmeter and get an aftermarket Boost gauge, ...thts all i can think of.

cassio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts