Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need advise guy! HID which company u guys recommend or got it for ur MKIV low beam!

thinkin to buy a set of low beam HID for my MKIV..i had some be4 but not bright..wonderin wut ya thinkin or got in ur supra
here s a few company i m thinkin..if any 1 heard
#1 is the 1 MVp sellin for supra project lens.
#2 is call HID plus
#3 is call Bellof
last 1 i m thinkin is.....hella HID
gimme some advise dat actually can help..or post some pics of ur with HIDS>.danx ppls!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Ever phillips kit I have ever seen even on other cars is perfect, thats what I would recommend.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any pic?i just read MVP site seem there HID kit work betta for us supra owner ! wut ya think?ya the price might be abit higher but i just want quailty!

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
HID Plus

Here's a pic of my HID PLUS on my mkiv. I think they're pretty good. The only thing i dont like about them that i've seen on other HID kits is that they connect directly to your battery where as some other kits i've seen out there is more plug and play and much easier to install. Any way, here's the pic:

my buddy with his 97' 240sx also has HID Plus:

-Phu

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
click on sig (my cartoon guy) for my hid picks ;)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
SUPRAT88 said:
so wait R those HID plus Plug and play? hmm how much did u pay and wut color r they>?6000K?

Sorry if i was unclear with my statement. What I meant was that with the HID PLUS kit, you have to connect it directly to your battery terminal, and then a ground connection while I have seen other kits out there that you DO NOT have to connect it to your battery terminal and is basicly plug and play. If i can remember correctly, I paid around $400 for it and i think they are 6000K, or maybe even 8000K. I forget :p

-Phu

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I have the MVP kit and I love it. I've seen other HID's on a Supra (I don't know which brand), but side by side, mine were noticeably brighter, even though they were both rated at 4200K :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
def i m gettin da Mvp HID hey so r they plug AND PLAY?? GREY DO U NEED TO INSTALL DAT TO UR BATTERY ~!

R

·
0 Posts
MVP: great both hid fogs and low beams--

Also: t88 where on earth did you learn to speak? I mean cmon the least you can do is speak correctly on a forum. This isn't some "gangsta TFAF" group...speak correctly and you'll get more responces..you sound like an idiot..

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
here is what ive used on mine .k2 6k purple plug and play hid kit from acoustic solutions in bayonne n.j. for 375$ shipped. i have added relays to them to isolate each power supply to feed a clean voltage path.this was optional and only cost 25$[kit] it still was a plug and play relay harnesss and wow they look great.purple hid 6k in a clean headlight houseing looks awsome.mk4s seem to have bad grounds on them from the factory.ive also done some added grounds to certain areas in the engine bay that also helped my stock headlights.. just my 2 cents. p.s. never buy those hot off the car lot hid kits .they are just 1 big glare anda pain to make fit cleanly.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yup cuz i got 2 of em be4 in my supra..custom fit..is not pain but just hazzle..to clue it to ur 500$ headlight..we aint HONDA boy so...NO danx.. dat why now i will spent for a set of 9006.HID !u get wut u pay for so...!but sem MVP 1 is pretty cool 5 yrs warranty Oh yah can u post some of ur K2 ? i got k 2 fog light HID be4 but they burn in like few..when i drove it out at raiN!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Holy s**t!! (waiting on interpreter)

Get the MVP kit.. VERY nice and quick plug and play installation.. Just be sure to mount the ballasts VERY SECURELY under each of the headlights using wire ties or something heavy duty... I love my MVP kit and the warranty is incredible!! It is described as Phoenix Microlyte kit but uses Phillips parts..

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
danx for ur input Roadie! any pics?dat will help i mean i wanna see how 4200 K look like..with MVP kit cuz for other brand 4200 Look like shitz!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey guy so where u guy hide the ballast and the MVP HID kit how many ballast it come>i saw some other is like 2 starter and 2 ballast>?and some only got 2 ballast!

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
i just have some piaa bulbs, they are pretty nice for now, i'm savin up for na-t , no HIDs for me anytime soon :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts