Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
//gwailo-
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to get raped by my neighborhood CarToys who want about $100 to "fix" my alarm system.

The Problem:

My keys got stolen with the only alarm pad I have for the car. The alarm is fine but I have no way to arm it now due to my lack of keypad. The only thing I know about the alarm is that it is a (old) SideWinder brand alarm.

CarToys Solution:

Charge me $45 to "pull" the alarm and look up the model number to see which of the (narrowed down to) 3 keypads is compatible and program the pad to work with it.

The pads themselves are all $40 each. which would bring my total to around $100 w/ tax.

My Solution (With a little help from you guys hopefully):

I'm hoping only to have to spend money on the physical keypad. Anyone familiar with how alarms are wired in could you tell me where to look for the model number that could tell me which keypad to go with? Also, is there a cheap place online to get the right pad? and a way to program it yourself?

Thank you.

FTR: I know that i need to change my locks but @ the moment don't have the money for it.

//gwailo-

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
:rolleyes: I dont know why continue to go to cartoys when there labor is so much higher.....shoulda went to Magnolia :bigthumb: if it was bought from us, we wouldnt have charged to see what model it was and just sold you the proper remote and coded it for free.....

But to answer your ? - Yes you can program it yourself, yes there is a way to see what alarm it is, yes i can tell you which keypad you need once you find the model

- to find the model, look for the brain underneath your steering column - or easier yet, have the place you bought it from reprint a copy of the reciept - get me the model number, and i'll tell you what you need

·
//gwailo-
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The alarm was on the car when i bought it so i have no record of where it came from.

//gwailo-

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Sorry for the late response...been a little busy at work...
you need a 471T

to program:
- open door
- key to on position
- press once and release
- then press and hold and u will hear the alarm chirp...keep holding
- with the new pad in the other hand, transmit while holding
- it will chirp once to confirm which means you can now release the valet button
DONE!

FYI - MSRP on the remote is $30 for the remote, whoever you talked to was raping you. $40 to code is obsurd....stuck with Mag :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts