Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a small system for my daily driver as I drive about 40k miles a year for work I figure I should enjoy the drive a bit more.

I bought an Eclipse AVN-5495 this past week because I really liked the funtionality of the nav on the hard drive. Anyways, I need to figure out what amp(s) to buy.

What I really want to buy is a 6 channel mcintosh, but I am to cheap to drop $2000 on an amp at this point, and was wondering what other suggestions people have for a sound-q amp that is in the 50x4 or 75x4 power range for my components and something in the 300-400 watt range for my sub.

I was considering Zapco reference amps as I could get both the amps I would need for about $800-$900, but I have been out of the car audio scene for such a long time I thought I would post up to see what else is comparable or better.

Thanks

-Ethan

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
the e6450 is a pretty decent 6 channel amp. Don't know about Zapcos cause i've never used them, heard mixed feelings. McIntosh would be dope, but that stuff costs SERIOUS cash. Beautiful amps though :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
i use to have the zapco. i really regret getting rid of it. if i have the money i would get all zapco again. using all JL now after car got broken in.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Diamond Audio and Boston Acoustics would also be high quality amplifiers that you might want to check out

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you guys feel about audison?

I can get a decent price on the audison LRX series 6 channel amp, and have heard mainly good things about them. Any experience from you guys?

-Ethan

·
1,924 Posts
audison amps are decent, HOWEVER they run hotter than Pamela Anderson in a Hawaiian Tropic photoshoot. That's why they have to have at least two external fans running at all times. There are plenty other amps out there for better pricing that will perform much better than audison.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
88supramkiii said:
audison amps are decent, HOWEVER they run hotter than Pamela Anderson in a Hawaiian Tropic photoshoot.
:lol:

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have used Zapco and really LOVE their stuff.. I regret as well ever getting rid of them.. I am using Xtant right now but have heard a lot of good things about the JL stuff... FWIW..

·
1,924 Posts
xtant USED to be great....until they were bought by MTX then they went into the shitter. Hopefully you've got an older xtant amp.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Eclipse actually makes a pretty good speaker amp. Since you're not asking for a ton of power. What speakers are, or planning to run? If you're just going with a mid range speaker like polk, boston, kenwood, and so forth then you're not going to get a huge benifit from a really good amp. However, if you're planning on something like Focals, Meryl, or something of that nature, then investing a good amps are worth it.

xknowonex said:
These are Very good brands, take a look into those.

HTH,

Bryan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts