Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i need to know what was the damage done or none at all. a while back a friend had a mk4 and he had someone install a bov on it . when they relocated the bov to the throttle body side they were suppose to cap off the stock 2 holes.instead they used a piece of hose and the boost just went in and rite back out. it never made boost.til we went to pep boys and got 2 big vac caps.then the boost was back. what im asking is , since there was no boost were the turbos over spinning and weared them out prematurely? or since the boost gauge never showed boost they arte ok.?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
im 79.9%sure they are ok no need for worries.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i only ask this cause ive seen this happen again recently and 2hrs later after correcting that mistake. the rear turbo went bad.so i was thinking that the whole time it didnt register boost on the gauge is cause it was being bypassed the whole time. so by flooring the car all the time to se if it would make boost i thought maybe it was over spinning the turbos,thus equaled failure.or did the ecu know that there was no boost being made so maybe it did not do damage.??

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my guess is it did wear out the turbos due to over spinning them...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts