Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when I had my MK2 it seems that one of the only places I could get parts was Rabid Chimp. Well now that my MK2 is dead and gone I now have another car that it seems is even more forgotten in the world of performance parts my NA MK3. One of the hardest things to find is an air intake the 7MGE. Back when I had my MK2 I had bought an intake from them that was fairly inexpensive and descent quality. Then after I turbod it I bought a lot of piping from them too. Anyhow I sent them an email asking them if they could make an intake for the NA MK3. Basically the response I got was that they are trying to focust on the turbo MK3 market but if I could get a friend in the area with an NA MK3 to come by their shop he would gladly build/ sale an intake for our cars. So my question is sense Im nohwere near Washington is there anybody up for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated by so many NA guys.

·
Supra teacher 101
613 Posts
Intakes for n/a's are easy to make. i'll get you a pic and if u want more detail ask.

Its Civic intake. chopped off like 4 or 5" if i remeber correctly. it comes with a blue Coupler. you cut the coupler in half. so half the coupler can fit over the intake. go to your local tore and buy 3" Hose. i used a foot of it. cost 1.64 a foot. im using a ported 3" adapter with a 3" K&N filter pushed as far as i can get it to the opening in the body under the headlights so get as much cold air as possible. any future pics/comments/Questions ask

·
Ganja Smoker Extrordinair
395 Posts
Superjustin13 said:
Intakes for n/a's are easy to make. i'll get you a pic and if u want more detail ask.

Its Civic intake. chopped off like 4 or 5" if i remeber correctly. it comes with a blue Coupler. you cut the coupler in half. so half the coupler can fit over the intake. go to your local tore and buy 3" Hose. i used a foot of it. cost 1.64 a foot. im using a ported 3" adapter with a 3" K&N filter pushed as far as i can get it to the opening in the body under the headlights so get as much cold air as possible. any future pics/comments/Questions ask

very nice

·
Registered
923 Posts
uhh, yeah, go find a local tube bender and get a piece of tube, figure out where you want your airfilter and go buy a coupler or 2. Making a intake isnt brain surgery.

·
Supra teacher 101
613 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
i got one that was made at a exust shop. i dont know how it was made or anything like that. but it is pretty much the same as the rest

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thanx for the pics and all but believe me Ive seen every trick in the book on how to make your own. My thing is most of these mods dont look like they are for our cars. There is an exception here and there but thats few and far between. I wont be able to do my GTE swap for a year or more and in the mean time I want to dress up my engine a little more. I had an intake for my MK2 from Rabid Chimp awhile back and it looked awesome. Seriously wouldnt anyone other than myself like to get an intake kit with the filter and AFM adapter for around $170 that is great quality? I know I would. So anyways if someone is around that area help me out. I have got them agreeing to do it. Im sure if Rabid Chimp does it they will make more parts for our cars. Im so tired of seeing half assed custom made exhausts, intakes, and other various mods for the NA's. So someone please step up to bat and lets get something going here.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I have an NA in the shop, so I can make you a nice intake pipe that fits properly, in the chimpy style.

I can do ceramic coated steel or polishes SS. The kit also has a cold air extension that is optional.

Sorry I can't help you with the car itself.

·
Banned, jk lol
3,871 Posts
SlimFastSupra said:
I have an NA in the shop, so I can make you a nice intake pipe that fits properly, in the chimpy style.

I can do ceramic coated steel or polishes SS. The kit also has a cold air extension that is optional.

Sorry I can't help you with the car itself.
Hell yeah Robert, start making N/A intakes and sell them @ 935. I'd take on in polished. I'd be happy to test it out if you'd like. PM me.

-Matt

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I would only do custom. So far nobody wants intakes because you can make one for $20 off ebay. In most cases though it does not look that great.

A quality intake like what wusaint is looking for, with the 2 pipes (1 for cold air) the filter and adapter in nice quality would be well over $200.

·
Registered
6 Posts
wusaint36 said:
Well thanx for the pics and all but believe me Ive seen every trick in the book on how to make your own. My thing is most of these mods dont look like they are for our cars. There is an exception here and there but thats few and far between. I wont be able to do my GTE swap for a year or more and in the mean time I want to dress up my engine a little more. I had an intake for my MK2 from Rabid Chimp awhile back and it looked awesome. Seriously wouldnt anyone other than myself like to get an intake kit with the filter and AFM adapter for around $170 that is great quality? I know I would. So anyways if someone is around that area help me out. I have got them agreeing to do it. Im sure if Rabid Chimp does it they will make more parts for our cars. Im so tired of seeing half assed custom made exhausts, intakes, and other various mods for the NA's. So someone please step up to bat and lets get something going here.
If I were in your area I would but I'm way over here in SoCal!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RedEleven87 said:
If I were in your area I would but I'm way over here in SoCal!
Ummm actually Im in South Carolina and I need someone in Washington. Or else Id do it myself.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RedEleven87 said:
That's still too far for me...

Someone step up!
Ive honestly gave up. I guess we dont have any guys willing. Thanx though. I know theres got to be someone on this damn bored around that area. Seriously guys if you're around there hook a brother up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
hey i live in university place. i just have a civic short ram intake on mine. had to cut just a bit off to make it fit but it works great. if you want you can drop by and check it out. but it would be nice to have one made for the mkiii. mine fits fine and looks arlight but like youre saying it just isnt made for the car.

oh by the way what color/ year is you car? i may have seen you around. mine is a wingless dark red 88.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts