Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Addicted to boost
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I've read the stickies and still have a quick question.

Rumor has it that the interior (doors/dash etc) of 92 Supras are slightly darker than previous years. I have all the factory brochures, and according to them and one of the stickies, the 91 interior is the same as the 92 (same level of darkness). Pre 91's are indeed lighter in color. Another sticky says that only 92's have the darkest interior.

What's the final verdict? Keep in mind that I'm only asking about the interior plastic pieces, dash, etc etc and not the degree of darkness of the leather. I'm also only asking the difference between 91 and 92's.

I'm looking at a 91 Supra tomorrow and would like to know the answer to my question. If the 92 is darker, I'm going to hold out for a 92.

Thanks

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
91 also came with the "shadow grey".it will probably have black leather seats and inlay's for the door panel's.the light grey is pretty much all the same shade and won't have the two-tone affect

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
Same

·
Addicted to boost
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tsuper92 said:
91 also came with the "shadow grey".it will probably have black leather seats and inlay's for the door panel's.the light grey is pretty much all the same shade and won't have the two-tone affect

How sure are you?? I just reread my 91 brochure and it says "grey" where the 92 distinctly says "shadow grey".

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
YEs, the shadow grey in the 92 is darker : I have that i my car right now. The seats and dash are dark enough for a few people to label it as black even.

I also had a 91 prior to this and it had the lighter grey interior, which was also known as medium grey, and yes, there is definitely a difference in color of the two.

Here is the interior color of my 91 MKIII

Here are some interior pictures of my 92 with a darker interior :

1 - 8 of 8 Posts