Supra Forums banner

NEED ASAP HELP Relay Question

946 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  SparcoSupra 
#1 · (Edited)
NEED ASAP HELP Relay/Fuse Question

Ok here the deal
My car died this morning and i jumped it
everything was ok.
But later in the afternoon when i tried starting it it wouldnt start.

Nothin inside would light up
but the headlights and hazards would work.
The starter wouldnt crank.

After checking the fuses and relays
i saw that the ALT 120A relay went out.

How can i start my car and get it inside to safety?
Can i just yank the relay out, it doesnt seem to move.

Thanks for the help.
Please respond, awaiting responses.

#8 · (Edited)
ya i think its just a big fuse.

I'm glad my trouble can help someone else out too.
First u need to pull out the fuse board and its held by 3 screws, 1 screw is hidden under the red plus sign.

That way u can get to the side screws near the 120A.

By puling those screws out the entire fuse board comes out, and on the sides where the blue arrows are pointing is where there is 2 screws held down VERY tight.

If your fuse is blown dont worry about ripping it apart to get it out. It takes some time and some pliers but once u can get a hold of the metal part u will be able to rip it out.

Just be careful when removing the side screws on the fuse not to break and plastic.

The fuse is probably not avalible in stock at toyota for the Supra.
for our car the 120A fuse is square shaped.
Toyota carries a 120 A fuse that has smaller screw holes and is rectangular shaped. And its the one that was on my dads SUV and moms car. This fuse they will have in stock.

Since my car was sitting in the driveway with the windows down i just drilled the smaller holes on the toyota fuse i got from the dealer bigger to get the car starting and out of harms way.

I didnt wanna wait 2 days beore moving my car.
I will just order it and replace it with the correct part when it comes in.

***edit***
dont make fun of my stupid fuse box
i couldnt find any fuse box pics and i'm stuck at work. :)

#9 ·
It's the Batteries main fuse .... you have to unbolt the whole fuse box to get it out ... it's held by a bolt from underneath the box ...

You must had connected your jumper lead the other way round ( + to _ wise ) and this what burned your main fuse... if this one was not there you'd be buying a new ECU by now.

good luck !!

:naughty:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.