Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i rebuild my motor and when i was done i added a top fuel bov to the mix to make it sound nice. well after i tryed playing around with it i couldnt get it to release and all i would hear every time i shifted was flutter so i took it out and bought a greddy type s bov and installed it well now im having the same problem but now when my car idles the bov is sucking in air and the screw on top doesnt affect anything and all i get is flutter. can any one help me with my problem?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
bov plus where my vac lines are going, the vac line for the bov im touching in each picture.

there

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i took the vac line off and the bov stoped sucking air in but now i have the vac line thats sucking air in. i looked on terms and i have everything hooked up right. idunno what to do.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now air just leaks out of it is that ok?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm tryed taking the lower line off and now there is a suction from the lower hole on the bov ugh. im going to try some things tomorrow. keep the ideas coming thanks.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Hrm... Looking at your picture, I don't see the adjstment screw in the top of the BOV. Did it fall out or something? The bottom port shouldn't be connected to the same place as the top port. It should attach to a pressure only (not vacuum) source, to blow the valve open. After you take care of the vacuum routing, find the adjustment screw and tighten it down until the valve stops leaking. Then, tighten the jam nut so the adjustment screw doesn't back out.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have th screw dont worry i just took it out right before the picture idunno why. ill fix the lines tomorrow in the light and see how she works.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
lagged said:
i always left that bottom nipple vented.
Yeah, I believe it is there only for those running really high boost, that have to crank the screw down really tight, to keep compressor surge at bay with less boost (part throttle and such). I don't think it will hurt to have it hooked up on a lower boost application...

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im going to take it for a test drive today ill let you know how it goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts