Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
the quest for spool
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am looking for some feedback from SSR wheels owners on the disk sizes used on your MKIV turbos. I have only been able to find one relevant post on the disk sizes that will clear stock TT brakes. By Nemesis, a year ago:

"As a general rule of thumb, a supra on stock TT brakes will usually use either the MD (medium disk) or HP (hyper disk) to clear the front brakes, while getting away with using the SL or NR disks to clear the rear brakes."

I have a specific set of SSR SP1's that I want to order, but the set would use MD disks in the front and SL disks on the rear. I need to know, positively, whether these disks will clear the TT brakes. Also if possible, the measurement of space between the spokes and the calipers when using these disks.

Thank you very much for any hard information you can provide. Yes, I know SSR is currently bankrupt, but I'm confident they will be restructured and back in biz here shortly. Thanks,

- Brad

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
I have 17" SSR competitions. I have no idea what disks they have, but they clear the stock brake setup with no problem. Perhaps you can find out what disks are in the Competitions and that will give you some guidance.

I've also found the people at Tirerack to be pretty helpful, so they may be able to help you since they carry SSR.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts