Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my name is orlando and im really in a bind. hope this is not gay. I once was a very proud owner of a black 1988 Toyota SUPRA. Well I blew the head gasget like most everyone does. My car was put togather about 3 diffrent times each time something was done wrong and resulted ti another blown motor. Well the last time I decided to do it right! All the right parts hks everything ARP this and Greddy that. Well I droped my car off at a shop to have the wireing done. Assured that my car would be running in a week or two excited I rushed and trusted some very shady people. Two months go by and no car now next thing i know there telling me my car still will not run dew to blown rings. Out of money and no place to live at the time I asked if I could leave it in the back of the shop for a month until I had a place to store the car. I was again assured it would be ok and they would look after it. A month goes by and I go to pick up my car and im now told that the car had been towed to a junkyard and crushed they gave me some story how they tried to call me and whatnot. So I left carless and pissed I asked some familey who have ran tow shops if that is something that they can do and recieved info that yeah they can after two weeks of no work being done to the car. So I settled on that my car was gone. 1 YEAR and 6MONTHS have gone by now im driving a 2003 chevy caivleir big [email protected]#$%;n diffrance from my supra. Out of the blue one day i recive a letter saying i need to go pick up a car that has a lean on it. wondering what they are talking about I call and a guy anwers that he has my supra in his lot (towing yard) so I rush down and find my car rotting under a tree on central. I go look at the body and its still in ok shape look in the window and my shifter is gone so curious I open my hood and yup you gussed it no motor or tranny!!! I pay for my car and leave get it home and begin to take it apart. I have looked at legal stuff and I cant do anything because it has been so long and I have no recipts so I called the owner of this shop and I tell him he is going to help me or i will seek legal help and the attorny general. His response was "go ahead do that but something bad will happen to you" I have given up on that road. Not worth it to me. SO now that you guys and girls know my story here is where you come in. I am pretty handy with working on supras but i need help finding parts and people who can weld and have creative ideas to help me make my dream car reality again anything you can offer wuold be a great help even if its just support. THANKYOU FOR READING MY STORY HOPE IT DID NOT TAKE TOO MUCH OF YOUR TIME Orlando Montanez

·
165.5hp/427lbs
316 Posts
Dude take seek some legal help, or at least tell us what shop did this to you so noone else has to deal with this situation again! I know the legal route will be expensive, but you can't just let this one F you in the A. PM Wreckless He is the local MK3 guru.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the shop is called uptown automotive on menual. I have called and looked at legal routes with no recepts and withe the amount of time that has passed there is not alot that can be done. I can truley make the 1500.00 that i will get from them in a month with ease so. Im just happy I got my supra back. Now I need a motor.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Orlando glad to hear you got your car back. Between me and Jeff we should have all the parts you could ever need or at least know someone who does. Shot me a pm with what you need and I will see what I can do.

Max

·
Registered
124 Posts
good luck, man. now that you have your supra back, looks like things can only get better.

·
Super Moderator
10,917 Posts
Damnit Orlando, I told you to just let me put a motor together for you! ;)

I'm so glad that you found your baby! She was one of the cleanest 87-88's I'd ever seen and I know we can make her better, faster & stronger!
I think I need to come take a look at her so I can see what we'll need to put her back together. I have most of the main hard parts except my spare R154 needs a rebuild. I have a fully machined 7M longblock that only needs pistons and a minor bit of machine work on the cylinder head - basically a set of .040 forged pistons, ARP studs and MHG would have it squared away for 500+hp all day long if not more.
We can also talk about getting a JDM for you and rocking out that way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey jeff I knew you would be here I have lost your # so many times its nuts. whats new? How are all of the cars? How much do you want for that block and tranny? i got to get this thing going. I picked up a head for 50 bucks that was all luck. I got some big plans for this car. your going to think im nuts. no more only doing half the work.

·
Super Moderator
10,917 Posts
I have to run out of town this weekend for a family emergency and I probably won't get back until monday night. But I shot you a PM and we can connect sometime this next week and hopefully take a look at your car. I don't want to sell you anything until I'm sure that its what you need and that there wouldn't be a better way to do it for the same or less money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
First, all you need to do is get the records from the towing company, they can tell you exactly when it came in the yard! They should also be able to tell you if it came in with a motor or not-You do not need a contract (writing) stating that he would watch your car! Oral confirmation is fine, and by his own admission he tried to call which states he in fact did have the car. If you can prove the car was picked up w/o a motor/tranny (easy to do with the supena of a witness from the towing Co. if they wont cooperate) then you will have an action...PM me with your number, we can talk-

1 - 11 of 11 Posts