Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, My car has been having starting issues of late,
and it's always been a problem with the ignitor.
every time I swap in a new one, it starts and runs fine for a while. (starting sypmtoms are: it cranks and has fuel, but just won't kick over)
I am now on ignitor #4 !!!
the thrid one only lasted a month this time around.
And I just swapped in #4 tonight,

prior to swapping in #4 I changed my ecu to see if that might be the problem (cause the #3 ignitor is only a month old)

the ecu swap did nothing but after the #4 ignitor it started right up.

I pulled my codes
and have the following
14 - ingitor signal
21 - oxygen sensor
27 - sub oxgen sensor
28 - #2 oxygen sensor

the only real problem here is error code 14 :(

any one have any ideas on what to do??

only thing I can think of is the coil?
I even pulled out my MSD 6BTM over a month ago which had been working great, just in case that might have been causing the problem, because someone had mention the MSD could fry the ignitor. Just to make things simpler to diagnose.
So I back on the stock ignition system and yet it killed another ignitor :(
:dunno:

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just wondering, if there was a short in the wiring to the coil, a fuse should have poped somewhere right?....
the wire to the factory coil was cut before when I mounted the MSD, but I'v since resolder the factory plug back on and connected it to the factory coil.
thats the only thing I can think of right now....

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Your wiring is suspect. If you are nuking ignitions (tested the "broken" one on a working car?) then there is a bigtime electrical problem.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've checked the wiring before, I'll take it apart and redo it again; but it dind't looke like anythign was wrong there the wires were soldered and I had heatshrink on it.
the 2nd ingnitor was working inconjuction with the MSD 6BTM and Blaster SS coil for over 6 months before it died.

if the wiring at the splice was bad would it have fried the ignitor much sooner???

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of rewiring all the wires form the ecu to the ignitor to the coil, it'll be easy then going over the wires inch by inch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts