Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Supra Forums. I got offered a Toyota Supra for purchase, but I do not have a lot of money. He told me it need s a bit of work, but besides these the car is in good shape. It needs the following:
Airbags
Rotors
Brake Pads
And A general Tune-Up
Would these these things cost a lot of cash to have fixed? How should I go about checking this car? Or do I say forget it and walk away? I need advice asap..

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,444 Posts
is it a tt model?

Aftermarket rotors and pads are around 400, airbags used you can buy here on the forum for few hundred. And a general tune up could be new spark plugs for $20 or new coils/harness/60k service that will run you few grand.

Why are the airbags missing? rebuilt title car? Last time car was serviced?

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
If you don't have the money to spare to fix and maintain the Supra I would suggest not getting it... Any pics of the Supra?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure why the Airbags are missing. And he is sending me pics soon. I am just wondering if it is smart to buy his headache. He wants to sell it for $5000 (which is SO low for a supra). Supra is my dream car and i'd never be able to find one for that price. But damn I love this car.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,444 Posts
beat up na with airbags missing, 5k maybe fair, and I am assuming you mean 93+ Supra. But if its a low mileage tt, 5k is a good deal, but just have in mind if you are buying a 25k car for 5 grand, it will need a lot of work, and parts are not cheap.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Be carful of scams. They usually try and get that much but they never usually say the cars needs work. Just don't want to see anyone get burned. If anything you can buy it and fix it over time since you said money is tight. Double vheck everything to make sure you know what you are getting youself into. Try and post details and pictures

·
Registered
151 Posts
It costs more to fix/restore a car than to just buy one in nice condition. Even if you wanted a "fixer-upper", you'd want to inspect it in person very thoroughly and know exactly what you're getting into. My recommendation (if you hadn't picked up on it) is to pass.

·
Something's fuckey
313 Posts
Eh, you can be on a budget with a supra. Just don't expect to have it out 100% of the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.