Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I need a favor from someone local to Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete with a 7MGTE.

I think my 02 sensor is bad but I'm not sure and before I shell out >$100 for a new one, I'd like to borrow one that works and try it out on my 92T.

I'll make it worth your while......buy you a beer or lunch or something.

I'll drive to you and park our MKIII's side by side and we'll switch the 02 sensors and see if mine is really bad.

Thanks
Darren.

·
1993 RHD/RSP Supra
631 Posts
Is it a special 02 sensor??? I bought one from the parts store for 20bucks. in fact i bought two of them.. I dont need one of them its a 2 wire bosch. let me know.. I have an extra one.

·
Registered
496 Posts
i'm in clearwater...right off on drew and mcmullen booth rd. my supra's not done yet but it was a brand new o2 sensor on it(3 wire). you can stop by and see if it helps...as long as you don't totally fuck up my new sensor =0)

-t3d

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's not a special 02 sensor, it's just that the 3 wire one at my neighborhood Advance is like 150.00 and my friend at Autoway Toyota is 127.00 (iirc).

I'm not sure if the 2 wire one will still set the code, I don't like the check engine light on. The 02 sensor is the only code being set right now.....24 I think.

I don't see how I can f*ck up an 02 sensor :).....unless there's something I don't know about.

I'll try mr.cuba305 first and let you all know.

·
greasemonkey
3,123 Posts
use a 3 wire bosch. got mine from napa for like $30. just had to cut the plug off the old one and splice it in. 13913. its threaded for a normal o2 bung. i had the flange needed made for a thread in type from an old 1 wire o2 sensor from another car. if you dont have that youll want this from napa OS885

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
williamb82, just got back from napa, they don't have the OS885 anymore.

Any other suggestions?

The dealer part is $107. and I was wondering if there are other less expensive options.

Supramemole said he used a 2 wire one but I want to know how to hook up to my 2 wire plug and if the check engine light will go out.

Still haven't got a response back from mr.cuba305

Thanks
Darren.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Quit being a cheap ass and just buy the sensor from the dealer.

oxygensensors.com has a denso replacment for like $100 iirc. They have some Walker brand for like 50 if you want to be cheap.

·
greasemonkey
3,123 Posts
williamb82, just got back from napa, they don't have the OS885 anymore.

Any other suggestions?

The dealer part is $107. and I was wondering if there are other less expensive options.

Supramemole said he used a 2 wire one but I want to know how to hook up to my 2 wire plug and if the check engine light will go out.

Still haven't got a response back from mr.cuba305

Thanks
Darren.
the first one i posted works fine. its like $35. if you need the 2 bolt flange to thread it in for the stock o2 location, buy a 1 wire bosch for a 85 supra. then unthread the 1 wire and thread in the 3 wire. done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HTML:
Quit being a cheap ass and just buy the sensor from the dealer.

oxygensensors.com has a denso replacment for like $100 iirc. They have some Walker brand for like 50 if you want to be cheap.
Hey,

Thanks everyone for your help.

I might be a cheap ass...........I was able to find a Denso one on the Denso website part # 234-3050.

Amazon has it for free shipping at 34.68, this is the one I had to cut the wires and resuse my old connector.

They also have one with the connector for 98.

http://densoproducts.com/resultsApp.asp?AAIA=1278570&productCategoryID=2

I installed it and works fine, check engine light is now off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts