Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a supercharger for my na. Does anyone know where I can find one.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yea, i've seen one for the 2j-ge engine but it was designed for the lexus cars, but it should fit ours since it is the exact same engine. cant remember who makes it but it was in turbo magazine along with about 20 other forced induction systems, it was a big article with 15 different cars and such.

If I remember correctly they dyno'd it out at about 285 WHP and it cost 4k, not really worth it if you ask me.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A TRD supercharger would be sweet! Please post details if you know anything more.
Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much better or worse would a supercharger be compared to a turbo?! Anotherwords... what are the stats on the supercharger and stuff? Even if u cant find one for the supra... see if u can get one on the lexus since they are basically the same engine.

Rob~

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Im sure it would fit our engines and also if you thought Area 51s supercharcer for 4k was bad to get 285 RWHP then imagine what the price of a TRD one would be. Area 51 made the supercharger systems and im pretty sure they had ones that would do more then 285 RWHP they were using Vortech centrifical superchagers and i bet TRD uses Roots type if its anything like the Solara ones, this would mean that the vortech (Area 51) would be better. That and i bet the TRD one is going to be an arm and a leg.

Later

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Area 51 Superchargers

This is first I've heard of them! Anyone have any experience with putting one on Supra? Website and phone number, costs,etc. thanks for any help.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've looked around, and thought the Eaton M45 or M62 would be nice. They are Roots-type positive displacement, or constant pressure. The problem is getting the mounting brackets, which apparently do not exist. Someone on this list with machine shop access was going to let us know when they got them made.

The advantage of the Supercharger is, depending on the model, you can turn it on and off. Also, you have your stock compression 9.2 on the MKIII or 10:1 on the MKIV, when the SC is not in use. Spooltime is minimal, and you eliminate some of the heat concerns associated with turbochargers, although you can put an intercooler on a blower also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts