Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I normally don't wrench on anything harder than the basics on my Supra (oil, cleaning, etc) but I figured swapping my new wastegate in wouldn't be a big deal. I was ok until a few mins ago when I got stuck installing the 2nd nipple into the innovative progate. I'm taking the nipples from the old WG and installing them onto the new one but the 2nd one is hitting the base of the WG. I'm not sure if I should try to take it apart to get it on or buy another nipple that won't hit the base while I screw it on. Here's some pics. ANy help would be appreciated.

Picture of the WG on it's side.

Angled pic so you can see the hole I'm trying to get the 2nd nipple into.

Blurry but this is the pic of the issue. The nipple needs to screw into the hole but the stupid thing hits the base. Do I remove the four bolts in the WG and open it to do it OR buy another nipple that is shorter?

This pic is just to show what the WG looks like sitting pimp.

R

·
0 Posts
Go to the hardware store and buy a nipple that's straight, not a 90 degree one.

Rob_O

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to get that at lunch. Too bad I fergot to bring the friggen part with me for a size reference.

R

·
0 Posts
Looks like a 1/8" pipe thread to 3/16" or 1/4" hose barb to me

Buy one of each, they're cheap

Rob_O

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once last note on this...

My old wastegate was supposed to be a Turbonetics Racegate and it turns out it was a Deltagate. No wonder this thing wasn't holding boost for shit. I also wonder why this came with the RPS kit vs. the Racegate like they advertised.

R

·
0 Posts
Deltagate and Racegate use the same actuator, the difference is in the size of the valve. Did you measure the valve or just read what is says on top? Look at this page of the Turbonetics catalog

Rob_O

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh, well that explains it. The racegate looks like the racegate on that page. Why the hell do they mark Deltagate on the top though. Anyhow, cool info. I'm still pretty sure my old Wastegate was the source of my problems though. If this Innovative Turbo WG doesn't fix things then I'll be hurting to find what my problem is. I've already removed the EVC III for an EVC EZ to simplify things a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts