Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
GTSDWYZ
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have had some trouble with my 89 MKIII ever since i bought it. About 3 months after i bought it i had to spend roughly $3,000 on a new motor with the install. About a month after that i started to notice a small knockk coming from my motor. I had it looked at by my mechanic and he said that it was probably a valve. Being that it was my only mode of transportation i kept driving it. 3 days later i was on my way home from hanging out at my friends house and out of no where the motor locked and stopped my rear wheels for about a second, the motor then started going again but with a HUGE slapping sound from my block. I was only about 4-5 blocks from my house so i just kept driving, thinking that i would just take a look at it when i got home. Everyone has been telling me that it is a rod, but im not sure, and now that ive started my new job and i am making more money i think its time to open it up and get fixed. the only problem is that personally i have never done internal work, but my friends have. the other problem is that when i open it and find that one of my rods is snapped, i have no idea what the stock measurements are for the rod, and cant seem to find it anywhere. if at all possible, i would greatly appreciate any advice/pointers on how to do this. And it would be great if anyone knew wat the measurements are or where i can find them. Im also looking to rebuild for serious power so pointers on that would be great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts