Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Needz moar rapes.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what's up! My car is a '95 SC300 OBDI and I recently did the full GTE swap to OBDII. My question is, how do I run the error codes? Basically, I know OBD2 cars utilize a scanner but I don't have that port. Will the paper clip method work?

Thanks for the help!

-Zaldy

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You have to get the OBDII diagnostic port installed. There is a write up somewhere, probably in the faqs. Some minor wiring involved. OBDI & II are completely different systems. Then get a scanner.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
zzaldyy said:
Hey guys what's up! My car is a '95 SC300 OBDI and I recently did the full GTE swap to OBDII. My question is, how do I run the error codes? Basically, I know OBD2 cars utilize a scanner but I don't have that port. Will the paper clip method work?

Thanks for the help!

-Zaldy
Buy the adapter genius!

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Have you looked in the Supra FAQ section? Toyotafan compiled a great write-up of this a year or so ago. The thread can be found here:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283063

For what it's worth, the OBD II scanner may cost you more $$, but you can get a LOT more information out of it (for diagnostics purposes) than you can get from the OBD I. You can even get laptop/pda interfaces for your OBD II system that will read a ton of engine parameters real-time, not just output the error codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts