Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i baught this car and towed it home on sat night(the engine is rebuild but swap into a junk yard shell so i had to connect everything... i finally got almost everything hook up and i decided to fire her up... no dice.

all it does it crank over. i cranks her over acouple of time nothing...

for some reason i dont think im getting power to the ecu.

first i though i hook up the safc and vpc wrong cause there not getting power. then when i tried to read the codes BUT nothing came up.. i waited for like 3 minutes no blip no light nothing.

everything else work. lights, seats wiper and so on.

i check the fuse... and there all good both engine and driver side fuses.
any ideas?

also theres 3 plugs that i dont know where it connects to since theres no connection near it. the owner isnt answering prolly working or ignoring my calls but will see in alittle bit if he sold me a junk :(... anyways so im stuck right now...

so if you have any ideas on what to check lmk.

and yes i have gas in teh car lol.

heres the pics of the connector that i cant find. lmk where they connect to and whats there funtion. the owner also remove the egr :( so yea..

·
Registered
393 Posts
the first clip hooks up to the harness i think... isnt that the ignitor box or something... or the resistor pack... anyways, has to do with either spark or fuel... the second one doesnt hook up to anything :p

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
the first one is suppose to go into some black box between the yellow connector and the diagnosic box.

·
way over budget
664 Posts
last time that happend to me I had forgot to hook up that mess of grounds to the lower intake runners. just something more to check, but ti seems like it's that first plug that's not polugged in.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lowbudgettarga said:
last time that happend to me I had forgot to hook up that mess of grounds to the lower intake runners. just something more to check, but ti seems like it's that first plug that's not polugged in.

yeah ill check that right now. but the last time that was disconnected on my old supra it only made it ran crappy at idle.

any ideas what that black box does?

this sux i hella wanna hear her run...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am in the exact same boat, no joke. I just did an engine swap as well and I can not get the ecu to come on, as of right now I am running a seperate wire from the battery right to the ecu, I got a couple pops out of it that way. but wont start, so mayb you could try that too, and then atleast you know if you got a junker or if it is just something small like a relay

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MartyDaMan1 said:
I am in the exact same boat, no joke. I just did an engine swap as well and I can not get the ecu to come on, as of right now I am running a seperate wire from the battery right to the ecu, I got a couple pops out of it that way. but wont start, so mayb you could try that too, and then atleast you know if you got a junker or if it is just something small like a relay
um did you jum it from bat straight to the ecu power wire? um wouldnt you fry something doing that?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
isn't that frist clip go to the fuse box.. I dont remember... my 7m car isn't at home so cant go out and check..

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok i just check that connector with my sis 89 n/a supra (she came home dinally lol) and its not connected to anything...

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
1. check that the EFI fuse is intact

2. the grey plug harness and the yellow body plugs worry me. yr of chassis? yr of engine wiring harness? yr of ECU?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i bet his wiring harness is different cuz mines an 87 and i have the yellow plug and it connects with a yellow plug, not a grey plug. but that white one is suppose to connect to some black box

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
drjonez said:
1. check that the EFI fuse is intact

2. the grey plug harness and the yellow body plugs worry me. yr of chassis? yr of engine wiring harness? yr of ECU?

1. yeah i check the EFI fuse that was the first thing i did..

2. to the best of my knoledge the engine harnes is from an 89(im not sure though), the shell is a 91 and the ecu i dont know...

im not sure if theres like a code for a newer year ecu so heres the pics.

ALSO look at the wire that im holding... thats supose to be the power source... BUT when i jump a wire from the + side of the battery to that wire using a tester light the bulb lights up... why is that power wire have a ground?

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spoolme said:
i bet his wiring harness is different cuz mines an 87 and i have the yellow plug and it connects with a yellow plug, not a grey plug. but that white one is suppose to connect to some black box
i check that connector to my sisters 89 n/a and it doesnt connect to anything... you must be talking about another black box(wich is abit closer to the clutch cylinder.

and yeah i remember that plug from my 87 aswheel i remember both being yellow. i thought it didnt matter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts