Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I need some help.......My brakes are toast, so its time I get them replaced, I currently have Stillen Slotted rotors w/ Metal Matrix pads. I liked the setup before, but i want to go with a big brake kit or a 6 piston kit. I have stock wheels but wil be getting 18's this summer when i get the brakes done. I also wanted all 4 upgraded all the way around. Any suggestions for whats hot, and whats not ? I heard that Brembo has a 14 inch kit?? true ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Faraz
94TT
90 Celica All-Trac Turbo

·
Registered
353 Posts
AP Racing makes a 6 piston 13.5" rotor kit for the JZA80 Supra that runs around $3000 - $3250 for a pair.

Brembo has a 4 piston 13.28" rotor kit, and a 4 piston 14" rotor kit (Ferrari F50) that go for $2800 - $3000 and $3000 - $3300 respectively.

Basically, to upgrade all around (which is useless for a street car) it will run you $6000+

Ken Henderson's 14" Brembos:

-m

·
3,148 Posts
SWEET :eek: :eek: :eek:

Is he still using the stock master cylinder, or did he upgrade?

Later, Steve

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
The Stillen Metal Matrix pads are pretty marginal for a big heavy high HP Supra. Mine start to fade after a few consecutive hauls from high speed.

The Stillen 6-Piston AP kit is theoretically better than the smaller Brembo, but I think the 14" Brembo is much nicer looking and more rotor surface to disapate heat is always better.

If you decide you want to go with any of the Stillen brake parts, email me privately, I can save you a few $$$.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts