Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Punjabi By Nature
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Ive tried everything to try and clean out my front wheel. Well this is what happened, when my brakes were bad, i drove the car around for a bit and it left a lot of brake dust on the front wheel. The wheels on my car are not the silver ones but the polished ones. Right now, it looks like there is a layer of brake dust on the wheel and it just seems impossible to get it off. Is there any wheel cleaner or some oxidiser or ANYTHING that you guys can reccommend that can get that shit off my wheel.
Also, my car is finally BPU and I just got my first speeding ticket yesterday. Time to get a radar.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Bally

·
boost is good
772 Posts
hey, you might try some stuff made by this stuff...

the brand name is Blue Magic, its liquid metal polish.

ive used this on my polished wheels before with really good success. im not 100% sure that it would help with your brake dust but its only a couple bucks so i would give it a try. it took off all the stains off on the top of my fmic where water had been sitting, and polished up my old ssbov really good (it was mounted in the duct under the headlight and had some stains also) you can get it at pepboys. good luck

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
gritsak said:
hey, you might try some stuff made by this stuff...

the brand name is Blue Magic, its liquid metal polish.

ive used this on my polished wheels before with really good success. im not 100% sure that it would help with your brake dust but its only a couple bucks so i would give it a try. it took off all the stains off on the top of my fmic where water had been sitting, and polished up my old ssbov really good (it was mounted in the duct under the headlight and had some stains also) you can get it at pepboys. good luck
I'm not sure that would be safe on a clearcoated wheel, and I believe the stock polished wheels are clearcoated. Anybody have comments on this?

BTW, the strongest stuff I've found to get brake dust to come off is engine degreaser. Seems that somebody's already discovered this:

http://klassedirect.com/klaswheelcle1.html

I've also heard that abrasive hand cleaner (like fast orange pumice etc) works well but I'd certainly consider that a very last resort....

Andi

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
I have also heard of people using very fine double 00 steel wool to take off that layer that won't come off. This can also be another resort.

Adam

B

·
0 Posts
Try SIMPLE GREEN Can be found at your grocery store in the cleaning section. Also can be used on your cars carpet with a scrub brush. Hope this helps.

David B
94TT 6-spd

·
Lemonade Tycoon
214 Posts
I recommend Eimann Fabrik Hi Intensity Cleaner. It is strong enough, yet won't damage the wheels. I think it'll do the job. You can only purchase this product online....not too sure it is available at stores. Do a search for it.

As for Klasse products, you guys should try their polymer sealants...it's freaking amazing. It'll make your car glow like no other. First, a layer or two of Klasse, then followed by a pure carnauba such as One Grand's Blitz wax and your silver car will shine like mad (I've got an alpine silver too).

Hope this helps.

Huy

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Andi said:

I'm not sure that would be safe on a clearcoated wheel, and I believe the stock polished wheels are clearcoated. Anybody have comments on this?

BTW, the strongest stuff I've found to get brake dust to come off is engine degreaser. Seems that somebody's already discovered this:

http://klassedirect.com/klaswheelcle1.html

I've also heard that abrasive hand cleaner (like fast orange pumice etc) works well but I'd certainly consider that a very last resort....

Andi
ive used the stuff on my wheels, and they havent had any problems. i dont think its strong enough to hurt the clearcoat, it hasnt hurt mine yet at least.

·
Punjabi By Nature
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys.
Im gonna go buy some engine degreaser and some steel wool. Ill post the results. Hopefully they will get my wheels back to normal. Also, what should I do if there is some brake dust on the body of the car. There was a little bit, but i waxed and polished and got it out. There is only a little bit left now, what should I use on the body?
Thanks
Bally

·
Lemonade Tycoon
214 Posts
Use quick detailer and clay (detailing clay, not just any clay) and it'll remove embedded particles. Or, try to use paint cleaner as well. Both will remove particles in your paint...

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Just be sure that the steel wool is double 00 ultra fine type. You CAN NOT use like regualr scotch brite or any coarse steel wool. I have used this method in the past on another car, worked for me real well.

Adam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts