Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam trying to find a good boost controller for me when i finally get my turbo in. Here's my problem, I am trying to decide which one to go with. I am leaning toward the Blitz SBC-ID, its basically a DSBC with a few new features.

I don't really how good it is or how good others are compared to it. My question is what are your experiences with this boost controller and if you would recommend it. OR what boost controller to you have and would you recommend that and why??

Arthur

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Arthur,

the boost controller you choose comes down to what your looking for.

I have an HKS EZ, which is extremely simple to use :) turn the knob, on/off, etc...
One of the main reasons for going with that one is my intentions for the car. Singles tend to respond very well to the ez, for one, because it can handle gobs of boost (35psi) where some other controllers are limited.

However, a friend of mine had the blitz sbc, and its got a ton of functions on it. He likes it, for me its more features than I was looking for.

others will definitely give there opinions of the controllers they have found to work for them.

Good luck
chris

S

·
0 Posts
boost help

DEFINITELY go with the Blitz SBC-ID coupled with the Blitz power meter-ID. I've seen comparisons with other boost controllers.
on a stock engine the SBC gave atleast 6 more HP over other competitors, not to mention a smoother power curve.
with the SBC coupled to the power meter you have a chassis dyno and can set the boost level by speed creating a lot more low end power, with a lot less traction loss. in first gear it will run at 9 psi then as you shift you get more boost.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Blitz SBC-ID or blitz dual sbc both great <---i have this one!
i have heard goothings about hks ez too

C

·
0 Posts
The SBC I-D is an awesome boost controller. It looks incredible and is actually very easy to use. When you pair it up with the Blitz power meter it lets you vary boost according to speed in 12.5 mph increments. I love mine; I wouldn't trade them for any other BC.

I have pics of them installed in my Z here if you want to see how they look together:

http://rbox.victoly.com/~carlcuro/smaller/Blitz/New Folder/

You can't go wrong with the I-D set :)

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
quikturbo said:
Arthur,

the boost controller you choose comes down to what your looking for.

I have an HKS EZ, which is extremely simple to use :) turn the knob, on/off, etc...
One of the main reasons for going with that one is my intentions for the car. Singles tend to respond very well to the ez, for one, because it can handle gobs of boost (35psi) where some other controllers are limited.

However, a friend of mine had the blitz sbc, and its got a ton of functions on it. He likes it, for me its more features than I was looking for.

others will definitely give there opinions of the controllers they have found to work for them.

Good luck
chris
dude, where is that in your sig? Is that like Cooper or Twin Groves or Kildeer? Shit looks so familiar....I can't put my finger on it though....like name that tune or some shit. I know I've been there...damn, I'm wiggin

Man I use the EVC IV. It has a high low setting, sbc button, and digital...or liquid crystal read out of vacuum pressure. I like the way this one displays compared to others. I like to see flucuating numbers...more shit to monitor/look at. :)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
AVC-R from what i here sucks i like the options on the SBC I-D but notthe looks to much !
Joose said:
Any differences with that compared to the AVC-R?

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
GSXXXguy said:

dude, where is that in your sig? Is that like Cooper or Twin Groves or Kildeer? Shit looks so familiar....I can't put my finger on it though....like name that tune or some shit. I know I've been there...damn, I'm wiggin

Thats in Dundee, IL, by the some pottery plant.
Is that where you were thinking of?

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
hmmm, no. A lot of stuff looks alike out there....its those parking lots. :D I just came from nw burbs about a year ago...maybe two now, so I'm like hey I know that place everytime I see some IL grounds

C

·
0 Posts
Joose said:
Any differences with that compared to the AVC-R?
The AVC-R has fuzzy logic, which is a pain in the ass. Solenoid and manual boost controllers are preferred by the majority.

V

·
0 Posts
I want to get the ID set too but it is sure big on the wallet tho. Is it really worth it and usable or is it just a bunch of features you dont need? People i have talked to said its not so hard to use but from the looks of it, it looks like a pain in the ass to use.

C

·
0 Posts
TVRsupra said:
I want to get the ID set too but it is sure big on the wallet tho. Is it really worth it and usable or is it just a bunch of features you dont need? People i have talked to said its not so hard to use but from the looks of it, it looks like a pain in the ass to use.
It's simple to use. I figured it out the first night I owned it. It basically consists of a list of options, which open into several sub folders. You can turn it back to "display" and scroll through the readouts of different data. I don't know how they could have made the layout more logical.

It has a bunch of features that are fun but not necessary. The boost/speed feature, however, may be very useful to those with large amounts of power. There are also settable over boost warnings and a boost limiter, which brings the boost down to a pre-set level if you over boost. It will replay 2 minutes (I think) in graph or digital read out form. There are many other little things too.

The "auto" feature can't be used with twin turbo systems but the "manual" mode is more responsive and almost as easy to use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the response. I am getting the Boost controller for 500

the SBC-ID. i think that is what i am going to go with. anyone else can get me a better price. Let me know

Arthur

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
so anyone know how much they paid??

Arthur

S

·
0 Posts
TVRsupra said:
it is worth your time and money. its chalk full of cool features and using it takes 15 min max. adjusting boost by speed is also very trick

C

·
0 Posts
If you are interested in the SBC I-D email me, I may be able to beat $500

1 - 20 of 25 Posts