Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
King of Smack Talk
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm trying to get all nostalgic and shit.

My very first car was a 1981 Honda Accord, and it was legitimately the best car I've owned. Not the fastest, not the coolest, just overall the best car. Maybe it was the thrill of it being the first car, maybe it was the fact that it had almost 400k on the ticker on a stock headgasket, I dunno. I just loved it and I'm not sure why.

I need another one.

I've googled and ebayed and binged the entire internet, and cant find a decent one.

Essentially what I really want:

• 1978 to 1981. These came standard with air conditioning. The years before this range did not.
  • GOOD condition body. Not perfect, but not poor.
  • Engine does not matter. If it has no engine, that would actually be preferred because I'm going to be swapping in a built B16.
  • Interior must be in GOOD condition, other than the seats. As long as everything other than the seats is crack/rip free, I'll be happier than a pig in shit.

That's it. Price is not an issue. Do it.

The only reason I'm posting this here and not in the WTB section is because I know for a fact that nobody on SF has one, let alone wants to sell it.

·
2JZA70
2,536 Posts
My grandfather has like 4 of them. He loves those things. Ill ask if he is willing to part with one.

*ediit* just called him and he said he sold them all within the last year or so. They were all green 5 speeds and i guess he let them go because he's getting to old to drive a stick.

·
King of Smack Talk
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome, Im checking through these now.

There's a 1980 for $900 with a blown headgasket on Tampa bay craigslist. 90k original miles.
Far cry from the 400K reliability nostalgia.. hrmm
Some will win, some will lose, some gaskets are born to blow early.
My grandfather has like 4 of them. He loves those things. Ill ask if he is willing to part with one.

*ediit* just called him and he said he sold them all within the last year or so. They were all green 5 speeds and i guess he let them go because he's getting to old to drive a stick.
Tell your grandpa that he is an asshole for not hanging on to one for me.
Are you willing to import it???? I know somebody that has one in Honduras Central america with very good condition....
Importing the car would cost more than its worth, but I appreciate you lookin out for me.

Also, to the people who are in the areas of these cars, I will paypal the fuck out of twenty bucks for you to go check out these cars for me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts