Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any websites or recommendations?!

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
Well what do you need?

high power, mp3 playback, "pretty looking"?

What's your price range too.

Truley most CD players will not sound that much better than others, especially if your not running components or anything.

If you buy a 200 dollar Sony it's going to be pretty much the same as a 200 dollar Pioneer.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MP3 playing, flip out cool looking one :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
let me warn you, the mp3 ones are kinda slow loading mp3s so if ur shufling through songs it might take like 2 secs for the song to start, that feels like forever when travelling

·
Registered
703 Posts
maxgohan said:
let me warn you, the mp3 ones are kinda slow loading mp3s so if ur shufling through songs it might take like 2 secs for the song to start, that feels like forever when travelling
If you get a nice Alpine unit like the 7998 the lag is very minimal. I only had slow experience with the Pioneer head units. Alpine is the fastest mp3 reader, Kenwood Excelon 2nd, then Pioneer.

First go to your local car audio shop and check out what decks you like to get an idea. Sometimes local car audio shops can hook it up real good, just gotta find a nice one.

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Guys I'm in a similar position. Just looking for something decent for the wifes 4runner. I'm considering:

Alpine CDA7893
Panasonic CQ-DF802U
Sony CDXM850MP

Any thoughts on these three or other in the same price range ($3-400 MSRP) I should consider?

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
Ubermensch said:
Guys I'm in a similar position. Just looking for something decent for the wifes 4runner. I'm considering:

Alpine CDA7893
Panasonic CQ-DF802U
Sony CDXM850MP

Any thoughts on these three or other in the same price range ($3-400 MSRP) I should consider?
Get a CDA-9815 from ikesound for 362! That's $138 less than retail and crutchfield :)

I'm kinda in the same boat.. want to buy a CD-player in the next2-3 days..

I have had pioneer before.. but I always wanted alpine.. so I will be going with them this time around!

Stuck between:

CDA-9813
CDA-9815
CDA-7987

I like the 7987, but the faceplate isn't detachable.. some say it doesn't matter, but I think it does. If someone sees a full working CD-player with a "Fantom" hiding faceplate, they will be more apt to steal that than one with a removed faceplate.. cuz they know A) that's a bad-ass HU B) I don't have to scrounge up a faceplate for it.. I can use it right away!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts