Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own a 1985 Toyota Cressida with a factory 5-speed. From factory it came with a fully independent rear suspension, LSD and the TEMS package. With no luck with the Cressida forums I figured I'd reach out to my 5m family. The suspension setup on the Cressida was extremely similar to the setup on the Celica Supras of the time.

I am looking for a rear right lower control arm for my Cressida since rust has taken most of the original control arm and it would be challenging to repair.

I am also wondering if the rear wheel bearings on the Cressida are the same as those on the Celica Supra.

·
7M Fanatic
3,266 Posts
They are probably the same as the MkII, but I'm not certain.
And if one is rusted out, you better find a pair, and probably the sub frame that goes with them.

Personally, I think you are better off just finding a southern car, as you are fighting an up hill battle trying to save a northern rust bucket.

Hm, what Cressida forums ?
I know it wasn't JZXP, as we would have chased you off......
Did you try these guys: http://cressidaforums.forumotion.com/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I posted to Toyota Nation, I should try Cressida forums.

I'd like to find out whether the rear suspension from the MKII Supra is the same as that on the Cressida, but everything I found online suggests that there are just slight differences in size. If it's close enough I could try modifying it to fit but if I can find OEM parts for the suspension that would be ideal. The issue is all of the part outs I've come across have been W58 swapped, meaning it is the live rear axle.

I have tried companies from the outside the country to see whether parts for the GX71 Cresta's would be available but even they seem hard to come by.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts