Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1989 toyo supra turbo 5 speed and after my mechanic looked at the engine we came to the conclusion that it will need a new turbo and the common head work. I was thinking of buying a turbonetic ball bearing turbo do you think i should go for the purchase or what you guys recommend? i want a fast car in the street and track. After looking online it is kinda hard finding a place that sells TRD stuff in so cal if anyone know a place let me know im in the LA area. I wanted also to reduce some of the weight in the car and in my point a view i wanted to replace such things as the targa top with a replacement one made of fiber glass and maybe replace my cracked dash does anyone know a place that specializes in producing either carbon fiber or fiber glass parts for the mk3. thank you for taking a look and sorry for the paragraph im excited about my purchase and i want to build it tight as hell so i need a bit of guidance in achieving my goal oh yeah and another thing i want to beat a nissan 300ZX twin turbo jerk and and Lexus IS-F PUNK.

· Registered
156 Posts
I could be completly wrong but I don't think there is much of a TRD market for our cars, unfortunatly. good luck on the IS-F. if you do a search for beginning/basic mods to the mk3 there is a step be step process and great suggestions on what and when to do certian mods.

Kev

· Registered
6,774 Posts
TRD shunned the MKIII a long time ago. Like funky said check out suprasport. There's a thread in the FAQ about weight reduction. What size turbo did you have in mind. Now mind you there are a lot of supporting mods that go along with the turbo upgrade.

· Banned
5,915 Posts
I recently bought a 1989 toyo supra turbo 5 speed and after my mechanic looked at the engine we came to the conclusion that it will need a new turbo and the common head work. I was thinking of buying a turbonetic ball bearing turbo do you think i should go for the purchase or what you guys recommend? i want a fast car in the street and track. After looking online it is kinda hard finding a place that sells TRD stuff in so cal if anyone know a place let me know im in the LA area. I wanted also to reduce some of the weight in the car and in my point a view i wanted to replace such things as the targa top with a replacement one made of fiber glass and maybe replace my cracked dash does anyone know a place that specializes in producing either carbon fiber or fiber glass parts for the mk3. thank you for taking a look and sorry for the paragraph im excited about my purchase and i want to build it tight as hell so i need a bit of guidance in achieving my goal oh yeah and another thing i want to beat a nissan 300ZX twin turbo jerk and and Lexus IS-F PUNK.

If you want to beat that 300zx guy...

Just tell him this.

"Good luck changing your sparkplugs."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.