Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres the dilemna, I've got a f-con meant for 89-92 turbo supras, I own a 87 turbo supra. The harness I need is a the TP-8, I currently have the TP-14. This doesn't trouble me very much because I can always splice in, however, my main concern is, what is the difference in rom's between the two? Is there a difference? Will the 89-92 rom work on my 87 turbo? Now I've already tried talkin to HKS, and to be honest I could have gotten more help from a trained chimpanzee. I've also called numerous HKS dealers off there website and still couldn't find anyone knowledgeable on the f-con. Really hopin I can finally find someone among the supra gods thats knows what they are talking about or can at least steer me in the right direction. Any help as always, is appreciated.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would guess your best bet would bt to contact toyota and see what the acuall computing differences maybe, see if the chips are visualy the same first and then see if the toyota dealership knows, if they say they dont know see if they have or can getr the proms for both once they see that they can still get them see if the part numbers match, if they do or if they know Your golden,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
toyota isn't going to know anything about the f-con and will recommend to me not using it because its not toyota. And i'm still havin issues as to gettin a chip. Any other suggestions? Anyone know the differences?

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
I used to run an F-Con & AFAIK, the only differences were found in the harnesses, not the e-proms. The e-proms were ID'd by injector size, as well as whether or not a VPC was also attached. HTH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts