Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some work on the car today and I found this hose sticking out in my engine bay just open. It's coming from the firewall by the turbos heatshield. Can someone please let me know what this should be connecting to and perhaps the problems related to it? TIA

Here's a pic. It looks brown in the pic from the flashlight shining on it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It look like the vacum hose for the exhaust gas actuator .Jack the car up and follow the exhaust up you will see a big can with a end for the hose.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Let me know what it is. I found the same thing but mine is pointed toward the ground. Haven't had the time to track it down yet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well while trying to track down the other hose I found this hose that's just open as well. Does anyone know what this hose goes to as I can't seem to find anywhere where it would go? Thanks again guys.

It's the one pointing towards the ground. It looks as though it was cleanly cut off.

D

·
0 Posts
The one by the rack comes from the charcoal canister if I remember correctly. The other (from the first pic) comes from the heater core inside the passenger compartment. Both are supposed to be dumping to the ground, not connected to anything....

-David
'98 6Spd APU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts