Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil breather on my NA-T will at times get soaked with oil, and will drip a bit on my manifold and head. It will do this over a very very long time at idle, indicating simple oil splash from valvetrain components. It will not blow out under boost, its just more of a time thing.

Does anyone have any ideas, some pictures of what they did to control it?

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want to route it back into the turbo, because I don't want that thing inhaling oil. I'm not familiar with catch cans, anyone run one?

·
beautiful machines
126 Posts
mine was doing the same thing.. i deleted my pcv system and joined the two valvecovers together with some t fittings and vent hose then i ran a hose under the car and mounted a oil catch can under the car behind the rear suspension ( problem fixed ) i didnt want the can under the hood to keep things clean...

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all the way behind the rear suspension!? Thats like 3 quarts worth of oil in the lines and can what the hell? lol.

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
mine was doing the same thing.. i deleted my pcv system and joined the two valvecovers together with some t fittings and vent hose then i ran a hose under the car and mounted a oil catch can under the car behind the rear suspension ( problem fixed ) i didnt want the can under the hood to keep things clean...
Got pics?

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,253 Posts
well there was this guy in another thread that had a magnificent setup

I plan on doing the same thing EVENTUALLY with nice stainless lines, but for right now, I just going to use rubber lines and a ebay catch can. and TT spark plug covern i get TT vavle covers and TT spark plug cover.

the only other question is that do you think that its okay that the air line that is connected near the cam gears can stay attaches to the turbo intake? I drilled and tapped a plug for that but it doesn't seem like oil would be there

·
beautiful machines
126 Posts
all the way behind the rear suspension!? Thats like 3 quarts worth of oil in the lines and can what the hell? lol.
actualy its mostly water / condensation and the hose comes from the valve covers down under the car and up over the rear subframe and to the can the can just has a breather on it and theres not a lot of liquid in the lines at all but the can does fill up from time to time but i dont get any mess from the breather. the whole system works great...look right above the muffler for the can.. im still running the stock head gasket so i dont want any negative pressure in the crank case.. it lets more blow by that way and keeps the intake clean too...

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seriously, I wouldn't want an oil filled line running under the car, its not a hard line, if for some reason it caught fire it would suck. Well that and I think its really far to run the catch can.

BUT, where did you get that catch can with the breather? That looks nice enough I'd mount it right in the engine bay!

·
beautiful machines
126 Posts
the can is a sard i had it shipped from japan... it was under the hood at one point but oil would still come out of the breather some times.... i actually got the idea from top secret japan they run all there breather hoses straight out the back of the car sometimes with no can at all. i tried that but my bumper would get oily after a while so i just put the can in...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts