Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 94TT to have an exhaust & DP put on. Turns out that a previous owner installed an only-god-knows-which exhaust and the installer removed the brackets with the rubber bushings into which the stock exhaust mounts. :mad:
Managed to identify the rear mount (tip end) but having trouble identifying the one for the mid-section (where the stock exhaust resonators are mounted to). The rubber bushing part # is 17565A.
What is the part # of the bracket (and bolts) that this rubber bushing mounts into? This bracket attaches to the chassis.

TIA,

Jay :blue:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Jay,
Go back and look at it again...the bushing PNC 17565A
...it's really a 17565-46010, mounts to a steel "U" shaped
hook that's welded to the underside of the chassis. I kinda doubt
that someone would cut these off.

Hope this helps
Jeff

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff,

"I kinda doubt that someone would cut these off."

I didn't look at it myself, but per my mechanic, apparently, that's exactly what they did.
It's possible that they had to cut it off if it was in the way of this weired exhaust.
If that's the case (I'll try to get under the car tomorrow and verify it), what options do I have, besides making my own hook?

Jeff, I looked at the screen of parts (microfische?) at the local Toyota dealer and I even got a 'printout' of this page, and it shows the part # that I posted. Where do you get your part #s from? How come you have this part of the # after the dash?

Thanks much,

Jay

·
Retired Admin
597 Posts
Jay,

Jeff works for Toyota..

Anyways, I had to fabricate my own bracket for my Tanabe Racing medallion. It's a PITA but it can be done. It's also a bit more solid than stock.

Brittany

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Brittany,

"Jeff works for Toyota.."

I know that... I just wondered where he got the extra 46010 digits from. The parts guy at my local Toyo dealer could find only the first 6 characters that I posted. Does Jeff have access to a different parts list?

I had my car lifted today (had to pay $10 for the 'pleasure' :( ) only to find out for myself that 'my mechanic' goofed and had me order a wrong part. Turns out that the two rubber mounts for the stock resonators area, are doing quite well, thank you...
What seems to be cut off is a support somewhere in the area of the cat. Seems to be a minor issue; can be fabricated easily.

Thanks for the help,

Jay :cool:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Jay,
The bracket between the 2 cats is " Exhaust pipe support
bracket no. 1" 17571-46100.

This bracket usually gets pitched out when you get a full downpipe because it's not needed anymore. My car has
not had this part in a long time...but I think it bolts up
to the underside near the gearbox.

Hope this helps

Jeff

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm unclear as to the total number of support points needed for the complete pipe, as follows:
The exhaust is mounted on two support points-- the can (muffler)at the tip end, and the other end of the exhaust on rubber bushing (17565-46010). Is this true?

How about either a DP or, as in my case, a cat & extension pipe?
Any support for the exhaust side (or cat end) of a DP?

Jay :blue:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts