Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an Innovate SCG-1 boost controller. Does anyone here have experience that could share with me on how to properly install it and set it up. I’m currently on stock twins (LHD), stock ECU.

My mods:
1. Catless downpipe,
2. 4” exhaust,
3. Greddy bcc ,
4. ETS FMIC 4”
5. Drop inn k&n air filter.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

·
Registered
954 Posts
From my experience using various EBC's , this one is no different
the Oxy sensor gets plugged in to the bung, wire the electronics to get it powered on.
Now: as far as the vacuum lines to the boost solenoid, you would only control turbo #1 since you are on sequential, and if you like a couple of more lbs's on the #2 (rear) turbo, you can shim the actuator so that it is harder for the turbine flapper to open up, using washers on stretch the mounting of the bolts, you will increase the boost on # 2 turbo.

once you have all the vacuum lines dialed in correctly, you will set you low boost on 12-14 psi and your high boost @ around 19-22 psi it should allow you to save the boost setting.

Next, i am assuming it has some sort of scramble boost? option, which is sometimes used on the fly, meaning if you are driving and you want to downshift for race/or drag on the fly, you would press the scramble and it will give you max boost on the go.

Now assuming you are on stock 550cc injectors and 91+ gas, you would most def. feel a hard kick and increase of pull .

i would suggest replacing the drop in with a cone type or mushroom type air intake filter, it will make a good/nice difference, because you have a larger intercooler ( more air forced into the given combustion ) , cat-less and larger open exhaust = higher HP and torque , the intake will suffer at this point. so getting a larger K&N intake filter or an HKS, whatever your pref. might be would be an excellent addition and cost effective.

Let me know if this was any help.
ps. i have dual intakes on my twins what i fabricated, i def. feel the difference than a single air filter or a drop in filter

Thanks

AC

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Now: as far as the vacuum lines to the boost solenoid, you would only control turbo #1 since you are on sequential, and if you like a couple of more lbs's on the #2 (rear) turbo, you can shim the actuator so that it is harder for the turbine flapper to open up, using washers on stretch the mounting of the bolts, you will increase the boost on # 2 turbo.

once you have all the vacuum lines dialed in correctly, you will set you low boost on 12-14 psi and your high boost @ around 19-22 psi it should allow you to save the boost setting.

This is misinformation. The boost controller will control the single wastegate, which modulates BOTH turbos under boost. Shimming the number 2 turbo actuator (EBV) only modulates the transition between turbo 1 and 2 which is not what the poster is asking for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From my experience using various EBC's , this one is no different
the Oxy sensor gets plugged in to the bung, wire the electronics to get it powered on.

Next, i am assuming it has some sort of scramble boost? option, which is sometimes used on the fly, meaning if you are driving and you want to downshift for race/or drag on the fly, you would press the scramble and it will give you max boost on the go.

Now assuming you are on stock 550cc injectors and 91+ gas, you would most def. feel a hard kick and increase of pull .

i would suggest replacing the drop in with a cone type or mushroom type air intake filter, it will make a good/nice difference, because you have a larger intercooler ( more air forced into the given combustion ) , cat-less and larger open exhaust = higher HP and torque , the intake will suffer at this point. so getting a larger K&N intake filter or an HKS, whatever your pref. might be would be an excellent addition and cost effective.

Let me know if this was any help.
ps. i have dual intakes on my twins what i fabricated, i def. feel the difference than a single air filter or a drop in filter

Thanks

AC
Thank you so much. It was very insightful. Do you have pictures of your dual intakes ? Thanks again

·
Registered
954 Posts
CWTT- write what you think is correct then !
if you read above, i wrote, the boost controller will control 1 wastegate, which is what you are saying too...anyway

these are from my own experience's with various EBC's... cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts